02| Strange Old Man

Yukina Amari

After the two terrors finished their breakfasts, I walked them to school and watched as they ran off with a group of other kids. Smiles present on their once tired faces.

I turned around, a faint smile on my lips as I do. I began my walk to my new school "Collège Françoise Dupont" I was officially a junior in high school and would be starting completely fresh this year. New teachers that I can hopefully make a good impression on, new classmates that will hopefully not hate me, and most importantly; no one knows anything about me.

I mean it's not like I'm hiding a secret identity and I'm some superher or vigilante, but still. I don't like people knowing everything about me... especially after the accident.

While I was walking— peacefully munching on my second box of pocky —I spotted an old man crossing the street. He looked like he was having trouble crossing and a car was coming at a fast pace. My adrenaline kicked in at the sight and I instantly dropped my pocky and ran towards the man and helped him across.

We made it onto the sidewalk safely, the car rushing past us like they didn't just almost run over a poor old man.

"Are you ok, sir? You scared me for a second ther-" I asked the man, but turned to see that there was no longer a man standing next to me.

Well, that's weird... and where the fuck is a chat-noir and ladybug when you need one? !

I sighed, and crossed back over to the previous sidewalk I was on, pushing the strange old man to the back of my mind. I walked over to find my pocky sticks all crushed. I picked it up, frowning as I tossed the trashed food into the nearest public trash can.

I then continued my walk to school, my eyes wondering all around all of the beautiful architecture that was Paris.

I loved everything about Paris. At first I was upset that we had to move away from Japan, but when we arrived here, I soon learned that there was no real reason to stay. I had no real friends or family holding me down, only memories. Memories that I can make here in Paris, as well. And the small cozy shops, tasty foods, kind civilians, and overall atmosphere only added onto my list of reasons why moving was a good idea.

Also the superheroes here were a cool touch. I wonder why Ladybug and Chat-Noir weren't known all around the world for their powers and heroic deeds. I hadn't ever heard of them until I moved here.

When I first saw the two heroes, I'm pretty sure they were out patrolling the city, looking for any Akumatized villains. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

I'm pretty sure anyone would be if they suddenly saw two people hoping from building to building in supersuits.

But with some light research, I found a website called the "Ladyblog" it told me everything about the two heroes. When they first appeared, how people get Akumatized, and of course a lot of rumors and drama about the two heroes. Many think there is a romance brewing between the two, there's also a few theories on who may be behind the mask. But of course... there is no actual proof behind these theories and rumors.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I saw the school in front of me, standing tall and intimidating. I took a deep breath in, then began walking up the steps to enter the massive school.

Walking through the large doorway, I entered the school and was immediately met with a blast of cool air conditioning. Relieving the affects of the hot summer sun.

I stood and looked around for the front office to get my papers and times table... and possibly a map. The teachers gave me a tour before the first day, but me being me; forgot everything.

I asked a passing student where the office was located, she said it was just three doors down and to the right. I thanked her and walked over to the office door, knocking on it lightly until somebody gave me a quick "come in" I opened the door, walking into a room that smelled of cinnamon and caramel.

There behind a long built-in desk, sat a slightly chubby woman who was loudly smacking on gum. Her lips were painted a bright red and her salt and pepper hair sat neatly in a bun.

"Ah, you must be our transfer student... Miss, Yukina Amari I presume?... " she asked in a kind voice.

"Yes Miss. I am here for my times table, combination, and possibly a map...?" I stated but it ended up sounding more like a question due to my nerves.

"Of course, sweetheart. I'll have them all printed out soon so you won't be late on your first day, okay?" she smiled.

"Yes, thank you Miss..." I glanced at her name tag "-Blanchett." I finished with a kind smile of my own.

She turned to print off the papers from her computer and I went and sat on one of the uncomfortable waiting chairs that was provided.

After a few minutes of waiting, she popped her head out from behind her computer and smiled "all finished, darling. Here you go." she said, extending her arm out for me to grab the papers.

I quickly got up and walked over, grabbing the papers from her. "Have a great first day Ms. Amari." she said with a smile.

"You, as well Ms. Blanchett. And thank you, this is really helpful." I thanked her as I saw she added some extra tips on how to be the perfect pupil.

This woman basically gave me a cheat sheet on how to please each teacher. I'll have to pay her back someday.

I walked out of the office and down a couple halls while looking at the map she gave me.

Once I had made it to the door of classroom 342 I took a deep breath in and opened the door...

A/NAww, cliffhanger! A bitch move, I know

A/N
Aww, cliffhanger! A bitch move, I know. But I've written two chapters in one day so my poor thumbs are exhausted.

I feel like I should give my readers a name... What should it be? 🤔