Lima Syndrome & Stockholm Syndrome

This work was written in Creepster, an all caps font which results in errors. Take note of this when reading.

☣!Warning:!☢

This work contains kidnapping, Stockholm Syndrome, Lima Syndrome, abusive elements, and romanticism of these things. Readers beware.

(Third Person limited sympathetic Narrator, Stockdale Holmes)

Stockdale Holmes wasn't used to the woods, despite her father naming her something as old fashioned and masculine as "Stockdale Holmes", She really wasn't the rough and tough type. It wasn't as if she didn't try. She just wasn't the kind of person to fight back or survive in such an environment, which made it an incredibly cruel irony when she was kidnapped and taken into a cabin in the woods.

She thought in the back of the car about a few things. It may have seemed unlikely, but she was able to think about tiny little stupid things to not acknowledge her scenario. The first thought is if it's fitting or ironic that she was kidnapped. Her name was unfortunately making her consider that it may have been fitting. Many didn't have the luxury of pondering in purple prose over the exact scenario that every woman has been told to fear and expect every single day. 

That was the second thing she thought about. How she had expected this to happen every single day of her life. It was around number two or three on her biggest fears list. Number one was the most expected thing that every woman was told about, being murdered by a random man who decided you saying no meant he should be using the corpse instead of the living body. Number three or two was in debate between being kidnapped and being in a relationship she couldn't escape where she'd be abused until death do them part.

Had her fearing ever stopped this?

No.

This happened regardless of her fear and now she was helpless to stop it. Stockdale Holmes wondered if she could convince her captor to let her go by being sympathetic. It was about then the third thing entered her mind, she heard forest noises. She was in the forest right now...Oh No.

That may have been an under reaction but Stockdale wasn't the type to be panicking like a chicken without a head, she was more the "in denial" kind of person. She also didn't swear much. So that was her first thought, "Oh o." See, Holmes watched enough, meaning one or two, horror movies to develop a fear of the forest. Although she'd never personally been there.

She lived in the city and could barely survive if the power went out for a day. The fact that there's a good reason so many horror movies are set in the woods and forests, didn't help her frightful state. The blindfold grew damp from her tears, the next and final thing was her hating herself for not fighting back more. She was foolish to walk into that dark alley to get her keys and she was a bigger wimp for not even struggling when she was pulled into this car.

(Third Person limited sympathetic Narrator, Lee Manns)

I had been so excited to go to the city for the first time in my life. My father said it was a horrible place but there'd be many vulnerable and pretty ladies there. He was absolutely correct.  It was wonderful to see all the pretty ladies but it was loud and bright all the time so I could stay very long.

Lee Manns delighted as she drove the truck back home. Sure she couldn't have a child like her father and mother did after their... "romance meeting" that resulted in Lee.

Lee Manns could wait until her beloved could return her affections. She giggled as a blush came over her. Thankfully it was quiet enough to be unheard. Still she quickly clapped her hand over her mouth. Lee Manns began to panic if her victim heard her voice. She gave a quick look at the rear view mirror to look at her victim to confirm it. Immediately, she saw the tears. Lee couldn't help but be heartbroken at the sight. Even doubting if this was right and she thought to return her.

(Third Person limited sympathetic Narrator, Stockdale Holmes)

Stockdale Holmes didn't struggle or fight back when she was thrown over the shoulder of her kidnapper. She just laid there because she couldn't fight back. Stockdale just sighed to herself and listened to the woods and thought to herself about it. She thought to herself, but mostly about her own uselessness. She knew she was very self critical but she couldn't help herself. Especially now.

Stockdale Holmes wondered if she'd die. She figured almost immediately that she would and she wasn't wrong to assume so. After all, look at the context. Stockdale tried to imagine how she'd die and couldn't identify the killer in her head. She'd never personally seen her kidnapper and therefore couldn't say if they were a man, woman, or something else all together. To get her, Together. Oddly morbid that loving word.

Stockdale Holmes was suddenly sat upon a rather comfortable chair. She went to yell but remembered the gag in her mouth. Then the blindfold was removed, which changed her world in a mere second. Stockdale did know women could do crimes, being a non-white woman. It even happened to her multiple times in her life. Yet the blindfold coming off to reveal a chubby yet muscular woman with orange hair and freckles and bright green eyes surprised her.

The white lady introduced herself rather politely in comparison to what Holmes imagined, "Hello, I'm Lee Manns. I am rather sorry about kidnapping you but you were so pretty that... well that is no excuse, would you like anything?"

(Third Person limited sympathetic Narrator, Lee Manns)

Lee Manns undid the bondage of her victim and went to get some snacks and drinks as were requested. Lee didn't question to why she asked for that, but was cheerful to have what was needed in this scenario. It'd be fairly rude of her to deny a request after what her victim had been through.

(Third Person limited sympathetic Narrator, Stockdale Holmes)

Stockdale Holmes got up from her chair and walked to the door before opening it. Her kidnapper was smart. The woods here were as if designed for a horror movie where the heroine ran screaming to never be heard and tripped a thousand times. She immediately closed the door and returned to the chair then sat at the chair. At least her captor was nice and seemed to care about her well-being.

(Third Person limited sympathetic Narrator, Lee Manns)

Lee Manns returned with the snacks and drinks, she offered to feed her victim by hand but was refused. She shrugged this off and sat down at a nearby chair. 

She adjusted herself as she explained, "You might find this horrific and cruel but I assure you I mean no harm. It's simply family tradition. See, my father wasn't good at talking to ladies so he kidnapped my mother and they had me. I'm shy and I don't know what else to do, do I followed his advice. Now that's no excuse but it's the truth."

Lee gently put her head against her captor and cooed, "He said that if I treat you right, it wouldn't matter how we met because you'd see who I really am and love me for that."

(Third Person limited sympathetic Narrator, Stockdale Holmes)

Stockdale Holmes ate the food and drank a little reluctantly, fearing it might be drugged at first. Yet she couldn't stand the hunger much longer. So she ate and drank and listened.  It warmed her heart to hear all that and the snacks and drinks are at least half good.

She carefully spoke, "What if I want to go back home? I have a job, I have a family. I can't stay here and I doubt you'll move to the city." Manns looked confused by this almost.

"You can go back home but I will bring you back." Lee explained before eating and drinking a bit herself. So it wasn't drugged... great.

The End.