Chapter 1

She made her way to her classroom, already full of children; some with unfocused eyes from late night studying. Other bright and their attention on their own devices or finishing work they'd rather not be late on.

She sits in one of the inner rows near the middle of the room. She sets her bag inside her desk. She takes out two notebooks and a pencil bag. The room was cold but she did not pack a jacket.

Opening one of the notebooks, she writes down what's on the board.

2(98 - (4 / 20) + 8) + 5=

41(23 + 6) - (57-43)=

2/5 - 4 (36+7) + (6/42)=

She began to calculate this morning practice questions.

First Question:

4/20= 0.2

0.2+8= 8.2

98-8.2= 89.8

2(89.8)= 179.6

179.6+5= 184.6

Second Question:

23+6= 29

57-43= 14

41(29)= 1189

1189-14= 1175

Third Question:

36+7= 43

6/42= ?

2/5= 0.4

4(43)= 172

172- (6/42)= 171.8

Once she was finished with equations, she closed her notebook and hid it under the other notebook. She may not the be the top student of the class, but she was fairly good at mathematics.

All of the quantum physics and trigonometry classes were already full by the time she entered this school. So she was forced to take advance math I instead.

Admittedly, she was good at math, but she wasn't the best. However, she needed to aim high if she wanted to be an Astronaut. She was desperate to get off the planet and feel the weightlessness of space.

Giving into a moment of relaxation, she slouched slightly and leaned against her arm.

------------------

She looked at the time, it was still five minutes until class began and she hasn't had breakfast. She didn't feel hungry, which is a poor decision considering she had physical education today.

"Why did I pack breakfast, if I wasn't going to eat it?", she wondered to herself.

She didn't have any friends at her school, but she knew a fair number of names. Her classmate to the right was named Destructa. A girl with a large build and brown hair, streaks of blonde mixed in. She was fairly tall and had a serious look on her face. She must of failed art class again.

 She must of failed art class again

————-

Destructa is one of three sisters. Optica and Roxanne are the names of her sisters. When they were younger they looked like triplets, but as they grew older they looked more and more different.

Now Destructa and Roxanne tower over most of the boys. Destructa is the quiet one that is really good with numbers and general science, she has a secret passion for poetry.

Roxanne is the artist and athlete of the three

Roxanne is the artist and athlete of the three. She is usually seen running or painting. She sometimes volunteers at animal shelters.

Optica knows the most about history and social studies. She likes to sing or play the saxophone in her free time. She spends time in the library with Destructa on the weekends when Roxanne is volunteering at the animal shelter nearby.

————
"Betty, don't slouch, it shows weakness.", comments Destructa.

Betty sits up straight and looks at Destructa.

"I'm one of the least noticed students here, I don't think anyone sees me as a rival."

Destructa gives her an amused side glance before looking back at her blank paper.

"I did when you first came to class. You looked like me when I was little and it sparked my sibling rivalry inside me."

Betty huffed and pouted while facing the board in front of her.

"You and your sisters wouldn't let me be for more than three minutes before you picked a fight with me.", Betty easily replied.

Destructa lightly chuckled.
————-

Bye for now....