Chapter 24: Here on the land and sea

Interior. Henry was reading his storybook part two, by the docks not realizing someone was in trouble.

Henry was growing up fast, he was reading a story he liked from the second once upon a time book as he heard a shriek, running through the docks to seeing a girl trapped under the docks.

"Help, me." Said the girl.

"Hang on you're trapped under... there," Henry said noticing the tail was red "a mermaid?" He muttered to himself.

After untangling her the black haired green eyed girl swam back enough for him to see her fully.

"Thanks," she giggled "Hi I'm..."

"Melody? Ariel and Eric's daughter..." he said surprised.

"Melody, Melody!" Another young girls voice called out

"I'm here Maddie!" Melody called back.

"Maddie...?" Henry asked confusingly as she appeared beside him seeing the brown haired girl.

"Thanks for rescuing my friend, I'm Maddie, Maddie Jones."

Henry just looked shocked hearing the last name Jones wondering if Killian knows about her or not

Once snapped out of it Henry shook her hand "hen--Henry, does Killian know you're here.... or that you're his niece?"

Nodding as she confirmed, "Yes, we have a long history..."

Henry gulped softly at the words long history, looking down at the sea.

Interior. In the past: Hook has been pushed by Nemo that invaded his ship as he was knocked out.

"Bloody hell, what happened." He groans getting up.

"Don't, even..." A girl said holding her spear at him, with three other men beside her on guard.

"Now I know I'm dreaming, there's a girl in this vessel." He said getting up knocking some down as he opened the window he noticed he was stuck in the submarine "take me back to my ship, I must return at once." He told the girl.

"Sorry, captains orders, and secondly don't you want to know who I am?" The young girl said beside him looking out at the blue tangs and clownfish following the submarine.

"I have no time for such..." Hook growled under his breath angry as before.

Shrugging she walked around as Hook watched following her "What do you want?" He asked her.

"Don't you know or want to know any more about your family." She asked on the other side of the table.

"You have no right to speak about family!" Hook shouted.

Maddie didn't react she just simply shrugged "not even what the captain's first mate is?"

He sighed and looked away to the window back at her "what's his name?" Killian asked her gently.

Smiling she had her arms folded "Liam..."

Hook looked shocked and put the pieces together realizing he had a niece since this was his half brother, although he didn't want to be reminded what happened.

At the sound of his name, he came behind the wall "Hello, half-brother," Liam said to Hook, then turning his glance to his daughter "...daughter."

Quickly turning around he saw his half brother over there. "What the devil is this... who are you?"

Maddie grinned "Why hello... uncle.

Interior. in the present: Hook was in his old girl the Jolly Roger again just looking out the sea when his niece appeared.

"What do you want now, niece." He asked.

"What? Can't a family member see another?" The ten-year-old asked smiling "you are actually one of my favorites."

Killian gave a confused look then turned to her "How do you know, my moniker."

Maddie pulled out a book that read 'peter pan' "oh, that devil book, I have no interest in you." Hook said not wanting to get attached to someone again cause everyone he loves leaves him.

"You think I'm going to leave you, no it's okay Hoo-- I mean uncle. Father won't be recovering much and neither will Nemo I've convinced them to make a home here."

"So you're the captain hook I keep hearing about," Melody said looking at him.

Hook swiftly turned to seeing the girl on legs, ponytail, and a locket.

"Bloody hell... Ariel's daughter. Can you both get off my vessel." He asked trying to be nice about it.

"Actually no," Melody said folding her arms.

"Because we are going to show you about family." Maddie then said also folding her arms.

"Brilliant, both of you." Hook sighed cornered in between both girls.

Skylar and Luna the Jaquins from Avalor came down "hop on."

Migs came down for Hook.

"We're going on a little flight."

The girls flew off with Hook right behind them.

"Always there,

To catch you when you're falling,

Always there to help you stand you up again, family"

Melody began to sing

"By your side, in seconds if you ask it,"

"Family,"

"What is a family? Always caring and devoted hearts." Killian began to look down as he listened to the girls. "I've spent my whole life devoting myself to revenge I forgot the valuable thing... family."

"We're feeling better now, we sing together now, here on the land and sea!" Melody sang as a rainbow was made over the sea.

"Maybe it is the time I asked Emma, to be mine forever, thank you, girls." Killian went in between the two.

the two girls watched him as they high-five each other happily landing where Henry was waiting for them.

"So, did you do it?" He asked.

"Yup sure did." Melody smiled.

"Now he went to go ask your mom," Maddie replied.

Knowing this was his idea in the first place, he couldn't wait to have Killian as a father in the family since Jane was going to be his adopted daughter he held Moira on his waist as this was going to turn out as planned.

As for Ariel and Eric, they came on Eric's ship from Atlantica told to meet Melody in storybrooke.

"I swear ariel, Melody becomes you every day," Eric said playfully.

She chuckled "of course she's always lived by the sea like I did for land, I just wanted to be a part of your world was all."