five; babydoll

"so one of these ya lil bitch?" mouse asked fezco smuggly.

fezco was sitting across from august and next to rue – he had previously made a move to sit next to august but she'd sent him a glare and he'd sat down next to the gun.

mouse had his eyes on rue. "nah, bro, that's like my little sister." fezco said, nodding his head to rue.

the heavily tattooed man made a move towards rue and august tensed, quickly shifting to get his attention. he turned to her and she looked up at him through her lashes.

"what about this pretty little lady." he asked slyly, "she not a lil sis, huh?"

august quickly sent fezco a look to stop him from getting up and he sighed.

"nah man."

mouse crouched in front of her and clicked his tongue, pausing as she gently took his hand in greeting. "now wait a second," he tilted his head at august as fezco went to say something, but stopped, "i think we've met, huh, babydoll?"

she saw fezco tense and bit her bottom lip as mouse kissed her knuckles, august kept her eyes down. she didn't want to see how fezco would be looking at her.

mouse hummed, "think i remember a, uh- different kinda payment you offered, huh?" he smirked, moving closer to her. "i remember these hands," he took her other hand and she turned toward him, trying to keep his attention off rue. "i definitely remember this pretty mouth." he chuckled lowly, pulling her bottom lip from between her teeth with his thumb and she couldn't help but pull away.

he grabbed her jaw harshly, and she saw fezco flinch, "i don' think you're in any place to be disrespectful." mouse stated, chuckling as he stroked her cheek after letting go of her jaw.

that was when she decided that this moment was the height of her embarrassment in front of fezco. he would probably never look at her the same again, she didn't care what anyone else in the room thought of her or how desperate she had been those few months ago. but she really cared what fezco thought.

august felt her hands begin to shake a little and tried to calm herself down and took a deep breath in. she didn't want to think about how fezco wouldn't want anything to do with her, or how she'd ruined everything they could've had.

so she turned her focus off the lump in the back of her throat and back to mouse and keeping rue out of this; protecting her best friend.

"my name is mouse." he finally introduced himself, "it's a pleasure to see you again." he winked at her and gave fezco a sly look as he stood back up.

august let herself take a deep breath in when his hands left her and looked over to check on rue who was looking down at her hands in her lap, anxiously.

"yo, custer, toss me that bag." he spoke to the white lanky man who was making his way over. "a'ight, check it." he started, opening the backpack he'd caught.

"i got 100 op-oc 80s, 500 xanny bars, 500 20s of addy. i'm runnin' low on vikes, so if you wanna cop some vikes, you better cop 'em today, 'cause i got, like, 50 left. i got a quap of that cali medicinal, an' a ounce o' molly." he said firmly as he went through the bag.

august's gaze once again met rue who was sitting wide-eyed and open mouthed as her eyes darted from person to person, landing on august.

i'm so sorry, my love. she thought, knowing that rue could read her thoughts like a pill bottle.

"custer, what's the math on that?" mouse asked, making his way slowly back to the couch as custer counted it up.

august used the distraction to quickly look over her shoulder, checking that ashtray was okay. he was glaring holes into custer who was half sitting on the back of the couch at august's side.