eight; better luck next time

4 morant - doja cat

august had been watching the lord of the rings movies and napping occasionally, all day on fezco's couch as he worked the store with ashtray.

she'd woken up on the couch, after another night, with the crochet blanket – that she adored – wrapped around her. she had insisted endlessly that she wanted to sleep on the couch because she liked the comfort.

her pants were on the floor, because she'd taken them off before she slept, and fezco and ashtray were in the kitchen. she slowly sat up and ran a hand through her tangled hair, catching sight of the glass of water someone had left for her on the coffee table.

"g'mornin'!" ashtray yelled trying to startle her and succeeding, "you want breakfast?" he asked and fezco chuckled as he realised ash did in fact still have a little crush on her.

she hummed and flipped him off for scaring her, "yes please."

she pulled her pants on and threw the blanket back on the couch as she stood up. "you wan' a ride to school?" fezco asked as she walked towards the kitchen,

august grinned and held back the the urge to decline, taking the bowl that ashtray gave her. she finished making her breakfast and had a mouthful of the fruit loops, swallowing and turning to see fezco smiling at her.

"good mornin'," he said softly, she smiled back and nodded as he stepped towards her, leaning down to place a hesitant kiss to her cheek.

"morning," she turned her head and pressed her lips gently against his, after a few seconds he pulled away and grinned, going back to the coffee.

"you wanna borrow a shirt for school?" he asked casually and she nodded, having another mouthful of the fruit loops. "uh- it doe'n't have to mean anything, like possessive..." he quickly said, trailing off.

she laughed and nodded, taking the mug of coffee he handed to her, "i know, fez."

jules and august speedwalked toward rue who was laying beneath the trees in the middle of the half-dead grass. jules had previously squealed august's ears off about the fact that she was wearing one of fezco's t-shirts in public, but there wwas no time for that right now.

"rue!" jules called as they made it to her,

rue watched them, her head upside down until they came around and sat on either side of her.

"okay, well actually, first; you are the best soft-core pornographer in the game." she said and august shot up from where she was resting her head,

"the fuck did you just say?" she exclaimed, eyes wide as they looked between the two. "i know i'm high, but i'm not that high."

jules giggled and poked her arm, "rue took some nudes for me, for tyler."

august furrowed her eyebrows and took a look at rue who was curiously waiting for her reaction. "okay..." she pressed her tongue against her cheek and nodded for jules to continue.

"tyler wants to meet." jules said excitedly, looking between the two.

august grinned, "oh my god,"

"like forreal?" rue asked,

"yeah," jules responded,

"like, in person?"

"yeah,"

"that's cool."

"yeah."

"where?"

"the lake."

"when?"

"on saturday, after the carnival."

august sat up slightly and furrowed her eyebrows, "like, at- at night?" she cut in gently,