✌︎ ︎Strike First ✌︎︎

シ シ シ

Standing in silence is interesting especially when there is someone staring at you. Like directly. Itzel and Miguel are at the karate dojo that Johnny Lawrence bought in the strip mall. Just staring at each other.

No one has said a word yet. It's quite awkward to say the least.

"So are we going to get the karate pajamas, too or..."

"Quiet!" Both teens jumped at the outburst. It was out of pocket but she guesses she should expect it from now on.

"The student only speaks when spoken to," he continued, "Is that understood?"

Miguel let out a, "Uh, yes." while Itzel let out a, "Yeah I guess."

Johnny stared at them. He looked like he was waiting for something. That or he was just acting weird which was also not out of the question.

Itzel hesitated but spoke. "Were we uh.. were we not supposed to talk?" He didn't answer.

"Yes, sir?" Miguel said almost as a question.

The man rolled his eyes and said firmly, "You will always address me as 'Sensei,' is that understood?"

Both twins nodded. "Yes, Sensei."

The older man continued. "These aren't pajamas. This is a gi." He pointed to the thing he had on. "And you'll get one when you've earned it. All right, are you ready to begin your training?"

"Yes, Sensei."

What Johnny did next made Itzel's eyes widen. He grabbed onto Miguel and threw him on the floor and took it further by throwing a quick punch to the chest.

Miguel let out a strained, "Oh my god..." at the action.

Itzel laughed. "Holy shit! You just got owned!" Miguel continued groaning on the ground.

"Lesson one," Sensei Johnny said with determination, "strike first. Never wait for the enemy to attack."

Miguel began to get up. "You could have gave me, like, a warning."

"Quiet!" He interrupted his almost whining. "We do not train to be merciful here." Itzel noticed that Miguel was having trouble breathing so she ran to her bag on the other side of the room grabbing his inhaler and giving it to him all while Sensei was continuing his talk.

"Mercy is for the weak. Here on the street, in competition, a man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy." He began to look annoying when Miguel to take puffs of his inhaler."What is the problem, Mr. Diaz?"

"There's no problem, Sensei."

"It's just, you punched him, and he has asthma, so he needs his inhaler to..." She stopped speaking and left her mouth agape when he grabbed onto the inhaler in her brother's hand and threw it against the wall. Ultimately breaking it.

"Not anymore." Both Itzel and Miguel looked at him in complete shock. "We do not allow weakness in this dojo. So you can leave your asthma and your peanut allergies and all that other made-up bullshit outside. Is that understood?"

"Yes, but those are real medical problems. I was..." Miguel let out a sigh and looked down. "Yes, Sensei"

While Itzel said, "Understood."

"Cobra Kai isn't just about karate. It's about a way of life." Sensei Johnny pointed at the wall with black letters on them that said, Strike First. Strike Hard. No Mercy. Interesting. "Take that first lesson. Striking first is the initial step towards victory. Okay, like when you're at a party," He nodded and the twins nodded back at him, "and you see a hot babe," he looked at Itzel, "or guy or whatever. You don't wait for some other person to go talk to them first, do you?"