Prologue

Sundrop sat at the daycare hugging his knees. It was finally over. It was six A.M. and the lights won’t go out again. Well, hopefully. He didn’t want to terrorize that poor child once again. Even if he disobeyed him and turned the lights off when all Sundrop was trying to do was to keep him safe in the daycare, he never could wish harm on a child. He couldn’t control the newfound bloodlust of his other half though. That’s why he HATED it when the lights went off.

He decided to walk around and clean up the place before the kids came in later when the place opened. He was in the tunnels of the playground, grabbing lost socks and such when his censors picked up quite a noticeable change in the temperature. He peeked out of the tunnel and his eyes widened as he saw that the whole outside of daycare playground was on fire!

“No- no… NO!!! NOT THE DAYCARE!!” He scrambled out of the tunnel and looked around frantically.

The fire hadn’t reached the playground yet, but the fire was crawling up the nets surrounding it pretty quickly. He didn’t know what to do- was there really anything he COULD do?

“Nononononono NO!!! NOT THE DRAWINGS!” He hurried over to the drawings the kids made for him and started collecting them all.

The fire was close by and he started to overheat but he had to save SOMETHING from the daycare. He gathered all the papers and hurried towards the exit only to be stopped by the fire roaring behind the door and sneaking out from underneath it. He backs up, nearly tripping over himself as he looks around for another way out. His eyes land on the slide by the ballpit. The fire hadn't quite reached the slide yet- maybe he could make it out that way-! He starts running towards the slide when the lights started to flicker.

No… oh no not now- Sundrop didn't dare TRUST Moon to help them get out! He wasn't in his right mind! There was no way he'd make it out with the state he was in! Nevertheless, it was too late now. The lights started to flicker even more. By the time Sun made it to the slide, the lights had completely shut off. He let out a shriek as he tried to resist Moon. He had to make it out! HE JUST HAD TO! He desperately starts to climb up the slide, but keeps slipping as he felt Moon starting to overcome him. The papers slipped out of his grip, sliding back down the slide and into the melting pit of fiery plastic balls...

"NO!! NOO- P-PLEASE- I-I DON'T WANT TO DIE I- I don't want to die p-please… moon-..." He begged his counterpart before finally he lost control.

Sorry if this is a short chapter! It's only the prologue unfortunately. You can expect the first chapter sometime soon though!
<3