A Day of Business

Sleep is uncommon territory for you.

You did sleep. You could sleep. You just chose not too.

It's not like you never sleep. You do, but it's only when your body feels like it's about to die or you have days off, which almost never happen.

So whenever you don't sleep, like now, you like to keep yourself busy. Keep blood pumping or some shit your doctor said.

In all fairness, he was a good doctor who didn't encourage your habits but he isn't here, is he?

Because you decided not to sleep, you started working on those assignments Captain Undyne and Commander Edge gave you, which were rather easy. Which meant they were done rather quickly.

So then why were you up at 4 am?

You were researching the box your Captain gave you.

You had been writing on maps searching the safest routes, you were crossing off areas to avoid that Hate Group, and for some reason taking note of any and all tourist attractions in the region in cause the deal was over before you had to come back home.

You spent, and I'm not joking, 3 hours on tourist attractions alone.

Enio was boring as hell.

All they had was this museum with, you will admit, beautiful paintings but they didn't sound fun. It wasn't near the beach and all they had was this lake in the middle of the fucking woods which you crossed off immediately. And you doubt a tour of the kingdom will be entertaining.

Why were you making a big deal about this anyway? You'll be working for two weeks then you'll never have to see this short ass again!

Deciding you're done, you lean back into your chair and stretch out your arms and legs with a yawn.

Glancing at the clock, you feel a part of you die inside as you realize you have to get ready for the day.

At 4 am.

What fun.

You undo your hair and let it fall, grabbing a piece of it to smell. You immediately drop it in disgust holding back a gag.

How did it smell this bad? You showered yesterday.

Or was it last week?

God, taking care of a baby have you amnesia.

You begin to clean up the papers and books scattered around your dining table, which you barely used, placing them back into the box nice and neat. You separate the papers that you considered important before standing up and heading to your bedroom.

Your room wasn't much. You don't have enough time to decorate so you bought the cheapest things you could find that were of decent material. Your bed was in the center of the wall when you walked in, with a desk on one side and a nightstand on the other with a lamp. Across the bed was a dresser and a TV hanging above. Your closet was on the wall next to the nightstand, doors semi-open to reveal your clothing.

Turning on the light, you head for your closet and scan through your shirts. You eventually pull out two button-ups, one light blue and one white.

What to wear?

Ahhh, the pointless dilemma.

If you wore blue, it flattered your skin well. It was also one of your favorite shirts. However, your clients name was literally Blue so maybe that would mean something?