as the rain drops fell at the lady's face, she continuously walked at the roofs. the sound of the rain falling calms her down. a calming sound while following a man with killing intent. a man titled 'the chain user'.

it had been an hour since the lady followed the man. a long torturous hour, if she says so herself. sighing, she stopped at her tracks as she stared at the chain user. following his every move, readying herself to attack the man.

the said lady pulled her daggers out, as she controlled her breathing to reduce her body movement. her dagger is laced with aura that will paralyze her opponent.

with her skill 'aim', she'll shoot the chain user down with her special gun. it is also laced with a special type of poison that a glaze of it in an open wound or such could kill a person.

even a nen user.

and that lady is y/n zoldyck, the main character of the story. the first and only daughter and third child of the zoldyck couple, silva and kikyo zoldyck. a prominent assassin in a young age and a skilled marksman. the zoldyck's are proud of the lady, but they are also afraid of her nature.

even when y/n's born as gentle and docile, her emotions are easy to taunt to. when angered, the lady tends to be violent and cruel. y/n won't see the person infront of her human but a bug who she can crush. she have no restraint, and no one can restrain her.

that is why, she is trained to have only and only happy thoughts.

"fuuu..." she released a breath as she started throwing her dagger when the chain user suddenly moved and continued in his tracks once again. y/n sighed exasperatedly as she dropped herself. "should i just kill him head on?"

remembering her father's words, she should only kill the chain user silently. using tactics like a head-on fight would be useless.

y/n gripped her hair as she exhaled once again. god, this headache is getting annoying...! she started breathing in and out once again. her tears are almost falling but she remained composed.

closing her eyes, she bit her lips as she tried to make the pain go away by surrounding herself with aura.

the aching feeling started going away when suddenly, her phone started ringing. she took a deep breath as she pulled her phone out. y/n opened her eyes as she looked at the dial id. it was her older brother, illumi.

answering, she placed the phone near her ears. "illumi-niisama, hello." y/n greeted. pain was evident in her voice and illumi noticed it right away.

"y/n? are you alright?" her brother asked in worry. although a sadist and cruel, illumi cared genuinely for y/n. as the only sister he sees, he cares for her as much as he cares for his family. "where are you right now?"

"illumi-niisama, i'm in the middle of a mission." y/n exhaled as she started walking once again. she needs to catch up with the chain user or else she'll lose possible chances of killing him. "i have a question."

"which is?" illumi asked.

"why can't you guys kill the chain user instead?" y/n mumbled, jumping down from the roof. the lady decided to follow him at the ground since at her current state, she'll fall when she steps at one. "you and kalluto are in the phantom troupe."