1: melon bread

yn looks down at the blonde with a deadpanned stare, and then proceed to give him a glare, whilst him doing the same.

"look kid, I don't wanna waste time," yn sighed and placed a hand on their hip, "and probably, neither do you. so, to avoid wasting time, why don't you just give me the bread. sounds simple doesn't it?" "no."

yn deadpanned at the blonde and lets out a sigh. they then looks around the store glances at the cashier, they lets out a hum and looks back to the blonde.

"so kid, what's your name?" yn asked, whilst giving him a smile. "the name's mikey," the boy said, also giving the taller teen a small smile.

"it's a pleasure to meet you mikey," yn said as he slowly getting his money from their back pocket quietly, so it go notice to the boy in front of them, "but i gotta go now," yn then ran toward the cashier and gave her the money and proceeds to run out of the store with the melon bread in hand.

as they ran out of the store, they could hear mikey yelling at them, yn laughs and continue to run.

mikey grumbles and takes a deep breath, he then ran out of the store as well and chase after yn.

🍞

yn panted as the walk over to the bench in the park. they say down and chuckles to himself, "finally, I'm alone with my precious melon bread." they happily said as they open the plastic packaging of the bread.

"hey there." "AH!"

yn jumped at the voice next to them, accidentally dropping the melon bread, "nooo..." yn cries out, looking at the uneaten bread under them, yn then looks at the person who startled them with an unimpressed look on their face.

"miss me?" mikey asked as he playfully smile at them. yn glares at mikey, "what the fuck do you want from me?" yn groaned as he slouched on the bench, looking at the sky. yn heard mikey laugh beside him, "what do I want from you? it's nothing really," yn raised a brow, "you seem cool. why don't we hangout sometime?"

yn thought for a second, before sitting  up and looking back at mikey, "sure, I guess you're not all that bad." they mumbled out the last part, but I didn't go unnoticed by mikey, "heyy! what does that even supposed to mean?!" mikey whined, in result of making yn let out a laugh.

yn then proceed to stand up and grab the uneaten melon bread that's kind of surrounded by ants. yn cringed at the sight, then walks over to the trash bin, and throw the bread in.

'damn, what a waste'

yn walks over to mikey, "if you want to we could hang out right now," with that mikey stood up from the bench and went beside yn like an excited puppy.

🍞

"I'm home!"

"welcome back yn! I'm in the kitchen if you need anything."

yn takes off of their shoes and placed them neatly on the shoe rack with mikey doing the same. "sooo why did you invite me to your house again?" mikey asked, as looks around his surroundings. "we're making melon bread." yn simply said as they lead mikey to the living room.

"make yourself comfortable, I'm going to clean up for a bit," yn said, then went up to their room. mikey hummed, and sat down on one of the couches. soon enough someone new is making their way towards mikey.

"excuse me, who are you?" aiko ln, father of yn, asked the teenager in front of him, lowkey glaring at him. mikey looks at the man, "my name's manjiro sano, sir. I'm yn's friend." mikey introduced himself politely, as he stood up from the couch and respectfully bowed.

aiko lets out a snicker, then lets out a laugh, "oh mikey, no need to be so formal, it's okay to act casual around me, I don't mind." aiko said, as he sat down on the couch near him. mikey looks at the man in confusion,

'huh..?'

"now, if you're wondering how I know your silly little nickname, it's simply because I was a close friend of your grandfather," aiko explained whilst smiling.

'oh.'

seconds later, yn walks down from the stairs wearing a simple white tee and black sweatpants with a small towel on their head. "hey I'm back, sorry I took so long," yn chuckles awkwardly as he dries off his hair with the towel.

aiko stood up from his seat and walks over to yn, "why didn't you tell me you're bringing a friend over? I would've prepared snacks for you guys," aiko places both of his hands on top on yn's head and then starts to ruffle their hair, causing yn to let out a whine.

"well, I'll be going to my room now, I wouldn't like to bother you two," aiko said, whilst patting yn's head, then proceed to get to his room.

'that was so embarrassing..'

yn sighed and grabs his towel and places it on his shoulders. he walks over to mikey and sat down next to him, "heyy, sorry have to see all that," they pulls their legs to their chest and lays their head on their knees, "that was humiliating," he whined once again.

mikey hummed, "naahh it's fine, my brother used to do the same when I was around my friends," mikey chuckles at the memories. yn hummed softly, then stood up and looks at mikey, and mikey looking at them.

"let's get baking now,"

🍞

ding!

"oh it's done," yn said, then grabs a set of mittens and puts them on. yn then proceed to open the oven and grabs the pan of freshly baked melon breads and places them on the counter.

yn took of their mittens and places them beside the pan of melon breads. yn took a small whiff of the breads and lets out a hum,

'welp, time to wake mikey now.'

yn walks over to the living room where mikey sleeps on one of the couches. yn gets beside mikey and began to gently shook mikey's shoulder, "miiikey, wake up bud, the breads are done," mikey lets out a whine, then proceed to sit up and stretch his arms upwards.

yn stood up, and walks over to the kitchen. he grabs two napkin and carefully grabs two melon bread from the pan and walks over to mikey. yn sits beside mikey and gave him the bread.
they both takes a bite out of the bread. yn smiles out of satisfaction and continues to munch on the bread, with mikey also doing the same.

🍞

first chapter, done!

hello there, thanks for reading! if you want to please leave some tips/criticism, in the comments, I would definitely love to improve.

once again, thank you for reading!

have a nice day!