Chapter 2 | A Floating Ghost | part two

'Ah

'Ah...I missed lunch.'

(Name) woke up to the sound of his stomach rumbling. He slept so peacefully like a baby that he forgot to fill his own stomach, but It's not like It's the end of the world.

"Barbatos, come up here, will you?"he called to the nothingness yet a smoke of wisp suddenly appeared in front of him. It floated above him as he lay down in the soft cloud.

'Yes, child of the wind?' a hooded blue gradient wisp said in his mind.

"Did anyone come to find me?" (Name) asked, poking the wisp.

'Their hair, the color of warm spring, came looking for you. They relay a message that it is time for you to head back.' Barbatos poetically responded, rubbing its head against his finger.

'It must be Cater. He's worried now.'

"Thank you for relaying the message. You may rest now."He waved a hand, and then his wisp friend disappeared into thin air.

(Name) sat up before carefully sliding off the soft clouds. He then activated his magic to slowly land on the ground.

When his feet touched the soft, spiky grass, a dash of wind came into his direction that immediately calmed his nerves.

"Ha... my mana has fully regenerated now. The wind must be willingly lending me their energy. "he opened his palm, then a small rounded swirl of wind appeared on top of it, signaling his fully-maxed out mana.

He then felt a sense of satisfaction. His powers are not that worth applauding for, but seeing his magic obeying his every beck and call gives him a large boost in his ego.

After checking out his mana, he approached the tree branch that holds his lead shoes before bringing it down. he was about to bend down and wear them when a sudden–

'Snap!'

A camera flashed in his direction thus making him turn around to the sound's location. There he spotted Rook who was about to take another one If not for (Name) caughting him in act.

"Ah, ange du vent(1)! You caught me!" Rook dramatically exclaimed as the (H/C) haired male approached.

"I don't mind taking candid photos, but this is just for your personal use, isn't it?"he laid out his right hand, indicating for Rook to give him the camera. The blonde haired male was reluctant to hand it over as it was the most perfect shot he had of (Name). He decided he was going to bargain for it even if it was the lowest of him. everything for preserving such beauty.

Rook nodded "Je suis désolé(2), (Name)-kun. But can I atleast keep this one? I am really desperate for a piece of your magnificent face!" Then he placed his hand on his chest, expressing a broken-hearted expression.

"Calm down. I didn't say anything about deleting, did I? I'm taking a look at your work." He then slides through every picture of him that the blond haired male has.