Chapter 2 - The Other Side

Martin's POV:

I could see the fear writhing through her eyes and body, head to toes and all round. Standing tall, well as tall as I could considering I wasn't anywhere near the height of the car, I peered over the bonnet and glared straight in the eyes of what was to be my partner, even though she hadn't quite been told yet. That news that would change everything to come. If only time could stop forever or I could stop what was on the way to her doorstep. The second we had to become partners we would get close once again, it wasn't fair on us. MI2 doesn't know what happened for those few weeks in Rio and it was going to stay that way otherwise everything we've grown up with and knowing maybe lost forever, including each other. Neither if us wanted to risk that.

Two supervisors stood tall, both wearing black and ready for the start of a new journey. Agents in each car and I was ready to finally to meet mine. One by one they stepped out straight behind black sheets, we were taking much more caution then Miss Collins. Watching each one pop out and then having a cover up, praying that I wouldn't see...too late. For her sake I ignored and forgot every single thing I'd seen. Slowly I turned round to hopefully talk to the two guys with my agents but that went very quickly out the window as once I turned round, gone. Trying very hard not to make it obvious that my supervisors had just walked off with my 5 new agents, I calmly turned around and ducked to the floor and peered round. I knew I was much smaller than the van but just in case.

I carried on peering round, hopping to catch a glance of a shoe or jeans going somewhere. Some how the van had immaculate timing of when to leave because the split second I saw a pair of sleek, rose red converse stepping into the building through the back door the black van skidded off into the distance. Until the next time. Swiftly I took one more glance over at the before chasing after what held a big part of my future. Running after them, moobs juggling up and down. I know I need to get back into some sort of shape but I'm partially retired now. My job was to train, not to be at top physical condition and it was pretty clear I knew that. I swung the door back and looked around. I knew they had walked in here, well I think the had? A black trainer shuffled round the corner and a glimpse of a dash of red pump passed the edge of the hall.

Quickly I followed after them, remember Martin you're supposed to be in charge, stay in control. After a 5 minutes of what I call sprinting I caught upto them. "Right....lets head to my office and we can get started." I spoke clear but concise.I didn't want people knowing the truth about these boys. Times were hard for agents, we couldn't risk loosing the ones we already have. I looked at the guys in back and stood my feet firm. "You are no longer needed head back to HQ." I sharply turned my head back to the boys. They weren't men, they were kids. I remember the days when agents were 20, maybe even older...not now though. It's always changing...never can it stay the same. You see these kids grow up, learning, developing but within a blink of an eye they're down and dead on the floor.

As we entered my office I could feel the air thick with nerves. Maybe these boys wouldn't stand a chance after all, no one would know until that fatal first day when each one stepped forward for their first assignment. That's the day it all comes clear if they're ready to be agents or not, also the day we loose so many perfectly good boys and girls. Some day HQ will learn this isn't a kid job...I'll never understand why they ever even considered it being a good idea in the first place. I stood behind my desk wondering if I should teach them or just give them a second chance at life. Sadly that isn't my decision. A job is a job, I've been given mine. To teach and only teach. I watched as the youngest glanced over at the others. "Now, boys. Questions before we go ahead?" I looked up and down at each boy that stood in front of me, their files laying in the order they stood. I had been reading up this morning and the night before.

5 boys. Range of ages from 14 to 19, tall and short, hair and no hair. 5 completely different guys stood in front of me, some how they fitted perfectly together. Each boy had a role and that role was fitted perfectly to them. Nathan, smallest, youngest, sweeped light brown hair, greenish eyes and an all round medium good build with a very casual look but a snapback on with high-tops, he had style. Next to him stood James, but he goes by the name Jay. Very tall, darker brown than Nathan's but very curly, white as a sheet pale skin, ice blue eyes and a broad build with quiet a farmer, hoboish style. Next to Jay stood the Irish fella in the group, Siva, tall, dark and smooth, brilliant cheek bones, you could tell this one had been a model before...that's where he should of stayed. Quite a smooth style, classy. Next to come was Maximillion. Not that tall compared to the others but still taller than Nathan, shaven hair, green eyes and truth be told, he looked just normal, jeans, sunglasses and a nice tee. At last we come to Thomas, formally known as Tom. The eldest, dark brown hair, sort of sweeped, also wearing sunglasses but took them off to talk to me like Max did, hazel eyes, good muscle build with a bad boy sort of style,