Chapter 10: Death

Harry sat in the chair trying to focus on anything but the copious, yet lessening, amount of blood flowing from Lupin's wounds. Hermione's heart was pounding at an incredible rate, her eyes darting back and forth between Greyback and Harry. Greyback was standing over Harry, smirking at him. Harry sat calmly, his eyes not leaving Greyback's. To look away now would be to admit defeat.

"So what should we do with you?" Greyback asked, Harry wincing at the smell of decomposed flesh on his breath. "Wouldn't be much fun to call the Dark Lord just yet. It would probably be better if we taught you some manners first."

"Let me teach you some, first," said Harry quietly. "Brush your teeth every once in a while."

Hermione's eyes widened right before Greyback punched Harry square in the jaw, not fazing him in the slightest. Harry looked up at him boredly, as if to say, 'Is that really the best you've got?' making Greyback growl in anger.

Harry didn't bat a single eyelash when Greyback pulled a cross out from around his neck, though he felt the tickle of a slight foreboding. "The crucio may cause more pain, but inflicting it in different ways not only causes more than enough, but is much more entertaining to watch," he said almost to himself.

Harry clenched his jaw as the werewolf pressed the cross directly against his forehead, the pain agonizing but not nearly at the level of the crucio. He could feel Hermione's fear pulsing through him and her eyes affixed on him horror, her urge to cry out almost as unbearable as the pain Harry was feeling. Then it relented as Greyback pulled back, chuckling, the cross smoking in his hand. Harry groaned as forehead immediately began healing itself.

What scared Harry at that point wasn't the fact that they were be being tortured, but that there was no motive behind the torture. If they were trying to get information from Harry, he would've just told them and killed them. But Greyback was doing it purely for fun. There was no telling when the torture would end.

Greyback picked up Harry's bloody katana off the floor and inspected the blade, softly whistling.

"Nice sword you got here, Potter," he said, grinning at the bound vampire who was looking at him boredly. "Mind if I give it a test run?"

Harry sighed and closed his eyes, grunting as the blade entered through his stomach, slicing his innards to ribbons before exiting through is back, missing his spine by mere centimeters. Harry tasted blood in his mouth as Greyback slowly pulled the katana out, twisting it slightly, making Harry's nerve endings scream out in pain.

Harry glared at Greyback, who grinned nastily back at him. "Does it hurt, little Potter?" Greyback mocked. "You going to get angry?"

Harry chuckled. "I'm just marveling at the fact that you're such a pussy that you refuse to fight me head-on," he said, spitting the blood in his mouth on Greyback's robe and boots.

Greyback growled and backhanded Harry so hard across the face that the force knocked both him and the chair over, Harry's head spinning as he saw spots in his vision.

Stop being so reckless, a voice said in Harry's brain. He thought it was his inner vampire until he recognized the voice with the next sentence. As long as you don't get yourself killed, we can get out of this.

No, Harry's inner vampire disagreed. He felt Hermione blink at him, surprised. We must stall until night falls, which will probably be in about forty-five minutes. They're stupid enough to fall for it and you two are smart enough to pull it off…well, Hermione is, at least.