•𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧•

Two flashes beamed your eyes, the flash of the polaroid camera and the flash from lightning. Just like that, your date with Camilo had been temporarily ceased. The roar from the thunder right after surprised both of you. You looked up to see that dark clouds were hovering around in the sky. Small pitters and patters start to pour down.

"Mami?" You hear Camilo mutter under his breath.

Your eyebrows furrowed, "Tia Pepa? Is she upset?"

Both of you covered your heads as the rain starts to come in torrents. Clearly, your arms weren't even close to keeping you from getting soaked in the downpour of the rain.

Camilo takes off his ruana raising it above his head, "Here!". You can feel him from behind as he covers the two of you under his clothing.

You and Camilo quickly ran away from the muddy forest and back into town. Your shoes and feet were now wet and covered with mud. Both of you hadn't stopped running even after arriving on the concrete pavement. As you continue onwards, you finally understood where your destination was.

Fortunately, the Madrigal house was the nearest place by the forest. Almost instantly, Casita welcomes you both as you enter the house. The tiles beneath you tap around, implying for you to take off your muddied footwear. As you both take off your shoes, Tiá Julieta had happened to walk around the entrance. When she saw your cold and slightly damped bodies, she hastily invites you to the kitchen to warm up beside the fire and drink some water.

Before you proceeded to the kitchen, Camilo lowered his ruana and puts it on you as he noticed your shivering arms. You came to a halt and looked at Camilo with wide eyes.

"You'll get cold..." You say as you tried to take the clothing off.

He quickly stops you, "If you're not gonna take it, would you rather I wrap myself around you instead?"

You breathed out heavily, he is really persistent, isn't he? "Fine..."

Why would he say that in such a serious tone?.. Does he even know what he's trying to do with you?

At this point, you were almost going crazy at this boy. His coy smile, the way he teases you, even sometimes he gets shy and awkward when things don't go his way. You knew you shouldn't be thinking like this, but he just makes it so difficult to do so.

As your bare foot touches the cold tiles from the floor, you made your way towards the kitchen and leaned on beside the warm area of the fireplace. That area was supposedly where Tiá Julieta cooks but there was no other place to keep warm for the both of you.

The heat from the furnace was more than enough to keep you heated up. Moreover, Camilo's ruana was thick and only got wet from the outside, making it that you can still feel his warmth from when he was still wearing it. A subtle scent of husky aroma enters your nostrils.

Huh...it smells so much like him...

You immediately snapped out of your attention from the clothing when you realized you has been staring and breathing in at it too much. If Camilo had noticed that you were gawking so extensively at his ruana, he would've teased you so much to embarrassment.

Looking at your Tiá Julieta, she wipes her hands on her apron as she hands you a glass of water. The woman in front of you then sighs as she gave off a concerned look.

You put down your glass as you finished drinking the water inside, "Is something happening to Tiá Pepa?"

Camilo also looks at Tiá Julieta as he anticipates for her to voice out an answer.