Chapter Twenty-six

The waters were calm surrounding Jalex land. Come on in boys, the water is fine. (Ref from O' Brother Where Art Thou, in case you didn't catch it.) I can't believe we've been okay.

It's been a steady month, and I'm more alive than ever. Each kiss is just as passionate as our first, we hold each other as if it were the last time, and the sex- oh god the sex.

Loagan and Ren are finally engaged. Andy and Adia are on a steady road. They had a fall in their relationship after the baby died. But if anything, that brought them closer.

Vic and Sam were planning on having a child. I was uneasy about it at first, until Jay talked me into it. She's twenty-three. I guess she's grown enough to make decisions on her own.

They tried about a month ago, and Sam was taking a test now. Were all sitting around the table, waiting for the test.

"Sam," Vic said, picking up the test.

He held it up to us, with a huge grin on his face. Sam threw her arms around him joyfully.

"Congrats guys." Jay and I said simultaneously.

I was really happy for them. I was more excited than I anticipated.

Jay pulled me to his side. "Maybe we can have a Jay Junior running around here one day."

It was a nice thought. But I was a bit hesitant on rushing things up like that. In case the relationship goes sideways again.

We gave them both hugs, and went on our way home. A baby. It seemed so surreal.

"All joking aside, how would you feel about a kid?" He asked.

"When we're ready, anything can happen." I said.

It was something in hadn't thought about. I'm twenty-one, almost ready. But the question isn't if I'm ready- it's if we could last forever. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping we do. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

----

"You're eating meat." Jay said in disbelief.

"I always eat meat." I mumbled around a chicken sandwich.

"Not on this scale though."

He had a point. I didn't usually eat meat unless I was feeling weak. Today, I had been pigging out. It's strange.

"Maybe you're pregnant too." He joked.

I faked a laugh. So funny. Not like he'd know what to do if I was.

My stomach did a flip, and a wave of nausea rolled over me. This wasn't nothing new. I had been sick lately.

"You alright?" Jay asked, putting his palm to my forehead.

"No." I mumbled.

He lifted me with ease. "You're going to bed."

"But-"

"No buts unless it's your butt." He said seductively.

I pouted. Though the thought didn't sound too bad.

He set me down and went to walk away. But that wasn't about to happen. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him down on top of me.

"You ass." He smirked.

"You love it." I said, before pressing my lips to his.

"I do." He mumbled into my mouth.

His hand traced my stomach, sending chills up my spine, my shirt following.

Another wave of nausea washed over me, but I dismissed it. It wasn't until I felt it did I bolt to the bathroom.

I emptied the contents of my stomach into the porcelain bowl. Jay held my hair and rubbed my back.

"Lexi," he whispered. "I'm going to buy a pregnancy test."