Blood Lusting; Part 7

Chains burning through my flesh and to the bone. Hooks pierced throughout my skin pulling me all different directions. Needles plunged into my golden eyes shrouding the entire world in darkness. Poison had been flooded into my system. Disabling my body from instantly healing itself. Every type of torture technique imaginable I had been put through by father's demand. The only comforting thought was that tomorrow it'd finally be over. My head would be sliced off my shoulders and I'm not really sure where my soul will go. I'm not even really sure I have one sometimes. But I'd suppose you'd have to in order to love and regret and cry. All those complicated emotions I never felt till I had met Levi.

     Levi. That name. I say it every time they whip my back or rip off a limb. Levi, I cry out when agony scorches my heart with a burning pain. Searing the flesh. Almost like a prayer. But he is not god, he is only a lycanthrope. Yes, the lycanthrope I love. Love so much I am willing sacrifice my comfort, my dignity, and what little freedom I had. Tears stream down my cheeks and I call to him, "Levi!" His name echoes across the cell, ringing in my ears, the only response I receive. "Levi!" I call out for him again! Still no answer, except the voices in my head. He's not coming.
Of course he will! Just not now.
      Then when?
     When he feels the time is right.
     Well, when will the time be right?
     You are so obnoxious!
     Why? Because I'm speaking the truth?
     "Shut up! Both of you! I'm sick of hearing you two talk. Be quiet."
     Sorry...
     Such a foolish girl.

     I grit my fangs in frustration and again I utter his name. "Levi! Levi! Levi! LEEEEVVVI!" I screeched his name until my throat tasted of foul blood and to even breathe made my neck sting. By that time the pale moon was high and I could relax a bit for the evening. No worries of sunlight. The wound in my throat slowly, but surely healed and when I could finally speak again I spoke softly."Where are you? I need you. I need you by my side so I don't feel alone. I need you to hold me so I won't be scared. I need you to look at me, so I know you really love me like I love you. And I need... I need. *sigh* I just need you."
     "That's a long list, but I think I can manage." A familiar voice speaks from the shadows. I turn my head to peer behind me and I gasp at who I see. "Levi..." My lips quivered as they formed a smile and silver tears rolled down my cheeks. From the darkness a light shined, walking towards me. He knelt before me and took my chin in his fingers. "Stop crying." With his thumb he wiped the tears away. "Look what they've done to you. Those wretched beast. I promise you, they will suffer for this."
     "It doesn't matter as long as I'm with you." I stretched out my hands to hold him, but layers of cursed chains prevented any physical contact. His brow twitched for a moment before he broke the restraints. Red imprints of the chains marked my body, but now I could move freely! And the first thing I do is take Levi into my arms. I squeeze him tightly as I feel his muscular arms wrapped around me. "I'm here with you, now you're not alone. I'm holding you, now you're not scared. I'm looking at you, can you tell that I love you?"
     "Yes."
     "Is there anything else you need me to do?"
     "Yes... kiss me."
     Feeling his lips pressed against mine is like nothing else in the world. The sensation of his warm, soft lips made my heart beat rapidly and gave me a thrill! For the first time I've found someone I hate leaving. I've found someone I can't get enough of. I've found someone that accepts me for who I am and doesn't tell me I need to change. I think I've found someone who I can fall madly in love with. Who am I kidding, I'm already madly in love with Levi and it's been that way since we had first kissed. No, before that even, because the moment I saw him my still heart whispered, Oh, there you are. I've been waiting for you.

     "I've been waiting a lifetime or more, just for you. And it was worth it." I heard him hush me as he kissed me again. Gently, sweetly, taking it slow. Abruptly I felt a sharp fang pinch my lower lip. With his tongue he licked the blood away. It was then our eyes met and I fell into him. "Say what you will about words-" he whispered, leaning close to my right ear. "But I think eye contact is far more intimate." Sharp claws dug into my back and I arched in pain, but did not shriek. I kept my eyes on him. Locked. Tethered. Anchored. Fixed. Bewitched by the icy blue pools reflecting the pale moonlight into my pits of golden riches. I slipped my arms over shoulders and towered over him. Pressing my forehead to his.

     In that moment I felt a frenzied craze take over my body. "Grab my hair like you grabbed my heart, forcefully with your fists. Pull my hips closer to yours like the tides and teach me why the moon floods the beach at midnight. Remind me how to breathe by making me breathless. Don't love me tenderly, love me reckless." And so he did. We slipped briskly into an intimacy from which I knew we'd never recovered.