IV

After a whole Fettucine Alfredo, my stomach didn't feel like there was space for dessert. But Nick insisted, saying the cream puffs are to die for here.
"Seriously I often find myself in this part of the town just for the cream puffs," he said, making me laugh a bit.
I felt so comfortable in his presence, for a second I forgot whose presence I was in. He was a Prince.
Shortly after, the waiter brought out two shiny white plates, with a huge cream-filled pastry in the middle.
The moment my mouth tasted the smooth filling, it melted in my mouth causing my senses to explode. The slightly crispy pastry, paired with a fluffy white cream was a perfect combination. I moaned in pleasure, hoping Nick hadn't heard me. He just smiled, indicating that he did, in fact, hear me. "Great, the Crown Prince of England heard me moaning. I hope the next time it won't be caused by food" I thought to myself.
"I knew you'd like it," he said softly and smiled at me. His smile was to die for.
"My dad used to take me on short trips to New York when I was younger. It was the only time when I saw him as my father, not the King. I became quite fond of the city in the meantime" he said recalling the happy memories.
The look in his eyes was genuine.
I was starting to feel tipsy. I couldn't believe I was talking to a real Crown Prince. For a moment, I would shift away in my thoughts, remembering my fantasies of marrying a Prince when I was younger.
I was scared and didn't know what to expect from whatever this turned into.
"Clara? You seem lost in your thoughts"
"Oh. I was just uhm Thinking about stuff"
"Am I stuff?" He asked with a wide smile.
"You could say that, yes" I blushed.
"Listen, I know this might scare you, but I assure you, I'm no different than another guy you could have encountered."
"You know what? Maybe we should go for a walk to clear our minds" he suggested.
"I'd love that"

~~~

Fifteen minutes later we are walking in the rain. Turns out Nick likes rain, so we decided it doesn't bother us.
When we were exiting the restaurant, Nich excused himself to the bathroom and came back with a beard. He explained it was for him not to get recognised, and I thought it was funny.
"This reminds me of Home. The weather in England tends to be very similar"
"I've never been out of The US. I guess my parents could bother spending money and time on taking us on vacations" I said.
"I'm sorry. I love travelling and couldn't imagine my life without it. Listen, I have some errands to run in Italy by the end of next week, would you like to, maybe, come with me" he asked.
I was surprised at first, but I would love to see Italy so I gave it a thought.
"Are you sure?"
"Positive"
"Okay then, I'd love to join you," I said in an exciting tone.
He looked surprised, but I noticed his eyes light up with excitement.
Before he could say anything back, we were flashed by a ton of cameras, and people flashing questions at Nicholas.
"Your majesty, is this your girlfriend?"
"Prince Nicholas is this why you came to thee the U.S.?"
I saw cameras flashing and recording and I started panicking. My instincts were telling me to run, so that's what I did. I started running away from the paparazzi without a destination in mind. After around 10 minutes, I got tired. My heart was racing and I was shaking a little. I saw a black car approaching me, and the chauffeur rolling down the window.
"Miss, come inside. We were sent by his Highness to get you to safety" the man in the black suit said. Without hesitation, I got in, and the car drove off. I wasn't sure where I was being taken, but I felt safe.

Authors note

You guys my life has gone to SHIT.
Sorry for not updating for three months but tbh I kinda forgot about this. needless to say I will try being more consistent and updating this at least every two weeks, and thank you for reading!!!

-sonja