The Man With Two Faces

We nodded at her and reluctantly got up. Walking away from the two of them. There was so much to talk about, but i think the both of us were far to nervous about what we were going to find next. We traveled down a long staircase slowly, side by side. Our scars started to burn the closer we go to the end. At the end there was an open room, with the Mirror of Erised set up in the center. In front of it was a man, but it wasn't who we expected. The man standing in front of the mirror had on a purple turban and his brown and purple robes.

    "You?" Harry and I said stunned. Professor Quirrell turned and gave us a menacing stare.

    "No. I-It can't be. Snape, h-he was the one..." Harry stuttered as if that would change the outcome to what we were so sure about.

    "Yes, he does seem the type, doesn't he?" Professor Quirrell agreed. Harry and I stopped walking as he didn't stutter once. We were very surprised. "Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor st-t-stuttering Professor Quirrell." He mocked himself.

    "But that day during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill Harry?" I stated confused since I had seen it with my own eyes.

    "No, dear girl. I tried to kill your brother." Professor Quirrell declared. Harry and I both frowned at him in disbelief and confusion. "And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little counter curse."

    "Snape was trying to save me?"

    "Snape was trying to save him?"

Harry and I had spoken at the same time confused by everything we thought we knew. I was however extremely grateful for Hermione, knowing my brother almost died and it was thanks to her that Harry lived.

    "I knew the both of you were a danger to me right from the off. Especially after Halloween."

    "You let the troll in?!" I gasped.

    "Oh, very good, yes. I knew you were helping the Granger girl, Potter. I gave the false trail to the dungeons to throw off the teachers. But Snape, unfortunately wasn't fooled. While the other's were running about the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course. Never trusted me again." Quirrell turned while he was talking and our scars began to sting once again. Making the both of us wince in pain. "He rarely left me alone. And I knew it was to dangerous to go after the both of you again. But no one understands. I'm never alone. Never. Now, what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?" He growled.

Suddenly an inhumanly voice echoed through the room. Harry and I looked around for the mysterious person.

    "Use the boy and girl." It hissed. Professor Quirrell immediately turned and glared at us both.

    "Come here, Potter's! Now!" He demanded.

Harry grabbed my hand and I grabbed his. The both of us walked the rest of the way down the stairs and stood in front of the mirror once again. Being right next to Professor Quirrell now gave me a certain chill up my spine that I couldn't explain.

    "Tell me... What do you see?" Quirrell asked in a slightly softer tone than before.

Harry and I gazed into the mirror, expecting to see our parents again. But I only saw the three of us just standing here. We both focused harder, with our hands still attached. What happened next surprised me. The twins in the mirror both grinned smugly. Their hands lifted into the air and flipped over, revealing the stone being held between them. They winked and grasped each other's hands again, lowering them back down to their sides. I suddenly felt something appear in Harry and I's grasp, between the both of our hands. My fingers tightened around Harry's to not show the stone that was now there between us. Quirell noticed the surprised look on our faces.