The House Cup

I grumbled as I could feel sunlight hitting my closed eye sockets. My hand burned as I tried to flex my fingers. I felt groggy and like I couldn't remember anything. Only I did. My eyes snapped open as I looked around for my brother. I quickly sat up seeing him in the bed next to me, only he wasn't the only person here. Sitting in between us was Professor Dumbledore himself. Harry stirred soon after I sat up. Quickly getting up and placing his glasses on his face. He appeared to look for me as well. When we made eye contact he sighed and smiled.

"Good afternoon, Olivia and Harry." Dumbledore greeted us as we looked at him.

I realized quickly where I was. The linen sheets, the semi hard bed, the wide curtains and many other lined up beds. We were in the hospital wing. I saw a table in between us filled with cards, and another table across from our beds, behind Dumbledore filled what looked like at least half the candy store.

"Ah, tokens from your friends and many admirers." Dumbledore smiled softly.

"Admirers?" Harry and I asked surprised.

"What happened down in the dungeons between the both of you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So, naturally, the whole school knows." Dumbledore grinned. He got up from his chair and walked over to our candy table. "I do believe your friends Fred and George Weasley tried to send you, Miss Olivia a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you. Madam Pomfrey, however, felt it may not be very hygienic, and confiscated it."

"That's true. I still would have enjoyed it very much." I giggled thinking about the mischievous twins I'd grown rather fond of. 

"How long have we been here?" Harry asked the logical question.

"Three days. Your friends will all be most pleased to know you're awake. Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs." He picked up one of the containers and showed it to us. The frog was still inside unmoving, but the card was gone. That made both Harry and I laugh. We quickly stopped realizing what he has said.

"Ron was here? Is he alright?" I asked quickly.

"What about Hermione?" Harry voiced just as fast.

"Fine. They're both just fine." He assured us. Harry and I relaxed slightly before becoming tense again.

"What happened to the Stone?" Harry and I asked together quickly.

"Relax, children. The Stone had been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I have had a little chat and agreed it was best all around." Dumbledore explained.

"But, Flamel, he'll die, won't he?" I asked curiously as I adjusted myself in my bed. Dumbledore walked back over to us and sat on the stool once again between our beds.

"He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die." He patted my foot gently.

"How... How did Olivia and I get the stone, sir? One minute we were staring into the mirror, and the next..." Harry asked.

"Ah, you see. Only a person or persons..." Dumbledore's eyes sparkled at us. "Who wanted to find the stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between us, that is saying something." He chuckled.

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone, that is, that Voldemort can never come back?" Harry questioned Dumbledore. He turned and looked between the both of us, seeing our hopeful eyes and sighed.

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return." Seeing our now disappointed expressions he spoke again. "Harry, Olivia. Do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bare to have either of touch him?" He asked and we shook our heads. "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for the both of you. That kind of act leaves a mark." We both reach for our scars. "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives within your very skin." Dumbledore replied quickly.