𝟏𝟎

𝟭:𝟯𝟬 𝗣𝗠

𝟭:𝟯𝟬 𝗣𝗠

𝗜𝘁𝗮𝗹𝘆

"She will be conscious in about 2-3 hours tops. The injection seems to have hit her a bit harder since she was going through a PTSD flashback. After she wakes up, make sure to have her stay hydrated and relaxed as much as possible." The Doctor says and I nod in agreement.

"Okay thank you so much, Dr. Gonzalo." He nods and steps away from my presence. It's been 30 minutes since we were able to get Milana under control and I'm scared. She hasn't had an episode like this since she was 15 years old. Well, ever since the incident.

Sometimes, I just wish all my babies were able to stay little so I could be able to protect them from the evil world around us. I start to pace back and forth across the hallway to try and calm my nerves down. My hands slowly shake as I take an abrupt stop in front of Milanas room.

She's okay. She's fine. She's just sleeping. I need to call Emiliano. I quickly take my phone out of my pocket and dial Emiliano's number. I take a deep breath as the ringing starts.

Hello?

Emiliano, you need to come to the house immediately. Milana had another PTSD episode and it was worse than the last time it happened.

Shit, okay I'll be there in 20 minutes. Is it okay if I bring Angelo?

Yes, that's fine but please hurry. She needs her favorite Uncle right now.

Okay, I'll see you later.

The line goes dead and my heart starts to beat slower. Everything is okay. Everything will be fine. I start to hear whimpers coming through Milanas' room. She's awake. That's a good sign. I slowly open the door and see a distraught Milana tugging on her blanket like she used to do when she was a baby. She wore a black hoodie with some booty shorts.

"Mama." Milana cries out for me and I take her in my arms and snuggle with her. "You're okay my love, you're okay" I say as she burrows her head onto my chest. "I saw him again. It replayed in my mind like a record player." Milana starts to bawl into a new fit of tears and I snuggle her harder onto my chest.

"I know my love, I know." Soft tears fall down my cheek. Suddenly, a quiet knock was heard. It's Emiliano. "Come in" Emiliano slowly opens and walks into the room with baby Angelo in his arms. Milana lifts her head and sees Angelo. Her face immediately brightens as she sees her baby cousin after a month.