𝟐.

"I do recall now the smell of the rain / Fresh on the pavement..." —

FELIX CASTILLO

I couldn't help but think about her on my way home. The one and only Pepa Madrigal. I was just a child when she got her powers, but I'd heard about her. I don't think I had ever seen her until today though. And gosh, if I had known what I was missing I would've run to her door to see her. She was gorgeous.

 My family didn't go to the village very often. We just stayed on our farm most of the time. Still, my life was pretty interesting. My siblings and parents were always there, hanging out in the living room, and our friends came over all the time, so growing up there was everything but boring.

As soon as I got back and opened the door, I saw my friend Agustín Valderrama. We have known each other since we were kids, his family sells our harvest. Our parents have been making business together since forever. He was sitting in a chair by the door.

"Hey yo, Agustín, what are you doing there? Sit in the couch!" I greeted him. "Oh, uhm, I was waiting for you. I didn't want to sit down, just like that!" "What do you mean, just like that? Mi casa es tu casa! You are like my brother Agustín. Now go sit your but in the sofa." I said, as I went to sit down myself.

"Where have you been? I thought you were just grabbing something from the fields, I've been here for a long time." Agustín asked. "Yeah, I ran into a girl that controls the weather. We talked for a while. She is really cute." I said, as I smiled.

"Dude, no way, Pepa?! That's Julieta's sister!" He said. He seemed excited. "Wait, Julieta as in your girlfriend? You are dating a Madrigal?" I said. I knew about his girlfriend, they had been dating for a while now, but I had never realised that he was dating THAT Julieta.

"Yes, and I've met Pepa before. She is... An interesting person, that's for sure." "Yeah, that she is." I said. Now that I knew that my best friend was dating Julieta, I had an excuse to see Pepa again. And I was not going to let it pass.