2) Daycare

Y/N POV

The hands kept dragging me until I felt myself placed on a seat. The whatever picked me up ran away from me, I think. My hearing seemed to get better when everything went black, no idea what that's about though.

"So sunshine, why are you here so late?" It asked me. What am I supposed to tell it?
'Oh yeah sorry my car crashed, I watched my parents die and I pulled GLASS SHARD out of my eyes can we go finger paint?' Yeah no he seems like he's really happy.

"I don't know" I told the thing. 'Wow great lie y/n, he's totally gonna believe that'
"Oh? That's ok! So what do you wanna do first? Do you want me to call your parents? We can finger paint, tell stories, drink fizzyfaz until our heads explODE and stay up all night! There's only one rule! Keep. The. Light. On. On, on" and then it just kinda kept muttering 'on' over and over again.
'Man this is weird'

It grapped me from where I sitting and began pulling me to somewhere.
"W-where are we going? Who-who are you?" I asked it cautiously, which made it kind of stop from dragging me.

"My names sundrop, but you can call me sunny, sunrise (though thats my candy name, not mine!), sun, or any others you can think of! My pronouns are anything you want, and for your first question, you'll see when we get there!" Sunny said, failing to realise that I wasn't going to see when we get there.

He stopped dragging me and pushed me down somewhere. I was about to scream but then I was hit in the face with a ball pit.
"If you can catch me sunshine, ill give you a Sunrise, I saw you staring at the poster when you crawled in!" He said, still completely unaware that I couldn't see anything. 'Isn't he meant to be a daycare attendant? How has he not noticed!'

"C'mon sunshine, just walk through the balls towards me and I'll give you a sunrise! He said with enthusiasm. I, not wanting to ruin his excitement, started to make my way through the ballpit towards where I heard his voice. It was going ok until I bumped into something, hard.

"That- that's the wall sunshine, I'm over here!" He said through a fit of giggles.
Sun had mover over to the other side of the room. 'Great. I cant see him yet he's running about the place like a lunatic.' I thought as I started wandering my way towards his voice.

"Sooo, whats your name? I cant just keep calling you sunshine, can I?" He asked, 'is he that dumb?'
"I-im y/n" I said, nervously feeling around to make sure I didnt walk into yet another wall.

"Well y/n, do you know where your parents are or what their number is?" He asked as his voice travelled away from where I was heading.

I stayed silent, trying to think of an excuse when he suddenly gasped really loudly.

"I NEVER ASKED IF YOU WERE HUNGRY! DO YOU WANT SOMETHING TO EAT?" He shouted while running over to me.

'Jeez this guy is loud' I thought as he grabbed me and started running around until we got somewhere quite warm. Sun placed me on a plastic seat. It was warm, which made me wonder when everyone had gone, which also made me think just what time it was. We were meant to be there for f/n's party at 11 o'clock and stay for a sleepover but something must have happened because apart from that voice I heard when I first crawled in, there doesn't seem to be anyone else here.

"What do you want to eat? I have fizzyfaz, not eaten birthday cake, pizza, pasta, sunrises, moondrops, cake pops, poptarts and a packet of crisps!" Sundrop said quickly, as though he wasn't meant to be here.
"I- um- could I have some of the birthday cake? I was meant to have some today anyway..." I said, mumbling the last part.

I was eating the best i could, being not able to see and all but I figured out how to do it easily enough. When I was finished, I tried to get back by myself because he said that he needed to 'sort some things out' and to get him if I needed anything. I was getting slightly bored so as I slowly scooted down the stairs I tried to listen out for any noises.

I could hear sunny telling someone that the security desk was out of limits, but it sounded like the person wasn't listening.

I pushed the door open just in time to hear sun shouting "LIGHTS ON, LIGHTS ON, I WARNED YOU, I WARNED YOU!" And then he screamed. It was an awful sound, like gears grinding against metal (because it was) or putting metal continuously in fire then water or the noise our car made when it was skidding before it hit the sign.

There was an awful thud and then silence.

"NaUghtY boY, nAuGHtY bOy, iTs paSt yOur beDtiMe, yoU muST bE pUnisHed"

859 words, trying to get chapters out each day is harder than you would think.
See you later guys, galls and fellow non binary pals 👋