Alternate life or afterlife, it's better than the one before

He was stood...in Rivendell. The sun was high and the tower stood proud where it was once toppled. He walked up the stairs, colour and leaves creating his dream version of the empire. Like it was spring after a red winter.

Yet someone stood in front of him, royal garments flowing off their frame and smile plastered on their face.

"Come on Scott! What are you doing wandering about, we have stuff to get done!" Stuff to get done? He had just died, what duties could this stranger possibly have for him, yet the hair and eyes rung a distant bell, as if he knew this man from somewhere in the beginning of his story.

"What?"

"You alright dude? You're acting as if you've never seen your own brother before!" 

Xornoth...

"Where are we?"

"Uuuh Rivendell, you know, the empire we rule, were born in, will take over one day!"

"Oh yeah, yeah."

"I'd say you're being weird, but you often are."

"Hey, no I'm not."

"There's the little brother I like to wind up!"

Maybe the sword did work. His parents were alive, his brother was a human, not corrupt and under the influence of a god pent up on beating his brother. All he remembered was thinking of  a happy life at home and then ended it all.

It worked.

"What worked?" He jumped eight feet in the air to see Jimmy, childish curiosity and a ring on his finger, a weight heightened on his.

He wore a matching one.

"Jimmy?"

"Yes, now come on inside, I've made food, and if you let it get cold, you're on cleaning duty for a week."

"Be right there!"

He looked to the sky. Thinking to all he left behind. Yet he didn't did he? The old world was nothing but sadness and corruption, an act of normality that was nothing but an illusion to please those picturing a perfect lifetime.

It was this. His family and friends well and live, Jimmy, the love of his life, married to him, and a rule no longer his responsibility until centuries in the future, when he would have brother and spouse by his side as a guide.

Happy endings do exist.

                                                                          -----------------------------

A renouncing of life for another chance

                                                                            ---------------------------

A sorrowful sacrifice, An enraptured ending.

                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours of work and something I'm happy with. 

Thank you for an amazing season!!