Part 2 - Grocery Time!

Sam's POV

I'm with Chie, one of my friends and as usual nasa car si Ly waiting for us. Ganun siya ka-allergic sa mga crowded places. Baka daw may makakita sa kanyang katrabaho namin. Okay, here's the thing. We work in one building now since I jump over to her company mas mataas kasi ang offer compared to my previous company. I'm part of the Marketing team and she's one of our bosses. Yes, you heard it right. She's our Operations Manager and her family own's that company na up until now, they never knew that their daughter is my best friend.

Ly is too lowkey to everything. Every time we go out together, she wears a cup to hide her face. Kala mo naman artista. Haha! Kidding aside, that would be awkward if ever may makakita samin na colleague namin. Daig pa nga namin ang spy pag papasok at pauwi sa work. Sometimes, she park on a place na walang tao, pag naman pauwi, kailangan walang makakita every time na sumasakay ako sa car nya. Of course sasabay ako pauwi lagi, isang condo lang kami nakatira noh?

Only our friends knows our setup. Like them, Ly's parent don't even know the rest of the squad. We've been together for 3 years now with her brother Kyle and Chie. Yes, Chie and Kyle are in a relationship, yet there parents doesn't even know about it. They are schoolmate and became closer until they fell in love to each other. They are already 4th year in college so I don't see anything wrong if they live in 1 roof, andun naman kaming bantay, magkatabi lang din naman room namin. And he's a good boy, I know she will never hurt Chie. Wag lang mabubuntis, charot!

Basta sobrang hideous lang nilang magkapatid sa parents nila but still they keep each others secret.

Don't get me wrong, me and Ly are best friend since college. I just decided to move to her place since that bastard cheated on me. Wag mo ng tanungin kung sino at naka-move on na ko dun.

"Luto tayo ng Sinigang mamaya." Chie said.

"Pwede naman for our dinner." Sagot ko and we went to the Meat part.

"Ano pa ba mga pinapabili ni Ly?" she asked. I almost forgot, may list pala siyang binigay sakin. Inabot ko kay Chie ang list.

"Oh my gosh! This is too much. we need another cart for this." she said. Inagaw ko ang list. Hayup! Ang dami and most of it are junk foods. Ang hilig ng dalawa sa mga unhealthy foods. Tsk! Tsk!

"Pano ba yan, ang haba pa ng pila sa counter baka gabihin tayo at magluluto pa." sabi ko habang nakakunot ang noo. Bakit kasi di yun sumama. Kainis!

"Let's just divide ourselves. I'm done with my staffs naman na. Ako na bahala kumuha ng mga yan." sabay turo sa list.

"Great idea. Ako na bahala sa meat and mga ingredients na pwede natin lutuhin good for 2 weeks."

She smiled and get a cart. Ako naman nagtungo na sa Meat corner. Habang namimili ng meat, I saw a familiar face. I knew I saw her already, di ko lang tanda kung saan.

I move to the poultry corner and she's here also. After ko makakuha ng mga meat, I move to the vegetable corner and to my surprise, she's also there.

"Teka lang, sinusundan ba ko neto?" I whispered.

Parang nakita ko na nga siya. Anyway, I paid attention to the vegetables that I need to buy and went straight to the counter after. I texted Chie already kung saang part ako para isingit nalang namin yung isang cart. Bakit? Isa lang naman magbabayad ha? Di yun singit. Duh?! Haha!

====================

And we're finally done, so we went to the parking area and immediately search for Ly's car. Sabi ko na, tulog na siya sa loob. Seeing her sleep, makes me smile. I don't know why. I just love seeing her at peace all the time. I love how open she is to me. She is that person who's most likely to be an introvert. Since college, I was the only person whom she talks with. She do talk to the other squad pero she's more comfortable when she's with me. Pagdating kasi sa tropa, she only show's her bright side but they never saw when she got frustrated. And I was the first person who saw her cry out of anger. Di yan nagagalit, kinikimkim lang nya and let it out through crying.

Chie knocked on the car's window and that's the time she woke up. She went out to help us. Nilagay namin ang mga grocery sa likod then we went home.

I'm at the back seat gazing her eyes through the rear mirror. Inunahan kasi ako neto umupo sa harap. Bwisit! I can see to her eyes that there's something bothering her again. Kung ano man yun Ly, I will always be on your side.

*flashback*

I'm on the middle of the dance floor together with these bunch of people I just met in this party. She's with me everytime I want to party. We really keep our promise to protect each other and to be best friend forever. If she's stranger, she will look too weird to me but I know her. She was sitting in 1 corner and eating that pambansang food she love, nachos and a piece of pizza.

This woman is the coolest person I've ever met in my whole life, she has everything already, yet, she stays humble and simple. She doesn't wear make up, she's only wearing t-shirt and pants tonight together with her favorite Nike slippers.

Medyo nahihilo na din ako pero I can still handle myself.

"Naiihi na ko." Sabi ng isang kasama ko na halatang lasing na.

"Samahan mo nga yan Sam." Sumbat naman ng isa pa naming kasama. We're not close. Ganito lang talaga ako, I get along with anybody in a party.

Sinamahan ko siya papuntang CR. I can still see Ly here. Pero sino yung kasama niya? Does she know her? Baka kung anong gawin sa kanya. Ang tagal naman kasi nito sa CR. Akala ko ba ihi lang? Bakit nangangamoy jackpot?

The girl is smiling towards Ly, yet, she never bothers to look at that girl. Haha! Wala kang mapapala diyan, you will never get her.

Wait! Is this really happening? Are they having a conversation? I'm not use to it. The girl offered a hand shake and Ly is now looking at her.

This shouldn't be happening! Bahala na! I need to get her out of here. I'm not jealous, I just don't wanna share to others what's mine.