Part 9 - Celebration Dinner

Ly's POV

We're here at a Korean restaurant near our office. Haven't gotten enough sleep yet but let's just enjoy the night together with the team.

Den sat beside me while Sam is on the opposite side of the table. She's way too far from me. Haven't talk with her since last Sunday after I left them in Zambales. Wala akong natext ni isa sa kanila kasi sobrang busy ko and I'm too pressured with dad.

"Thank you guys for all of your efforts. At dahil diyan, as promise, we'll have our team building by the end of this month." I announced.

"Ayun!"

"Yehey!"

Everyone's happy and cheering except for Sam. It's obvious to her face that she's not on the mood. I wish I could sit beside her but it's too complicated knowing our setup. Dad doesn't know anyone who's close to me and I don't want to let them know about it. That's why I  understand Kyle hiding her girlfriend from them. If they don't like that person, they'll do everything. 

I'm trying to catch her eyes pero kahit saglit, di niya ko tinatapunan ng tingin.

"Boss thank you sa treat!"

"Tomorrow ulit. Charot!" then they laughed.

"See you tomorrow everyone." I said.

Sumabay na si Sam palabas kasama ang iba. Di ba to sasabay sakin? Palabas na ko ng restaurant pero napansin ko si Den na may hinahanap sa bag. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"OM, I think naiwan ko yung wallet sa office. Balikan ko nalang." She said. I was about to go out and puntahan si Sam. I texted her already naman na. 

"Pero naalala ko pinasok ko sa bag ko yun eh. Pano kaya kung wala yun sa office?" She whispered to herself but I still heard it.

"Just want to make sure na makauwi ka, hatid na kita." I offered. 

She looked at me. "Talaga OM? Sige! Tara?" Oh my gosh! I thought tatanggi ka and uutang ka nalang sa mga TL. I don't have cash here so hindi ko siya mapapahiraman.

"Okay. Let's go. I'll just ask the others if sino pa sasabay. Medyo gabi na kasi."

It's already 10 in the evening. 

"You guys good?" I asked them. Nasa labas na kami ng restaurant.

"Sino sa inyo sasabay na sakin? If Makati area, sabay na kayo sakin." I said. I'm expecting Sam to answer. I wish she get my point.