Chapter 4

Please hurry leave me,

I can't breathe

Please don't say you love me

The next day, Tooru woke up a little later than usual. There was a smell of food wafting through the bedroom, and he sat up to see Tobio's bed abandoned.

He got up, going down the hallway slowly, and noticed that Tobio and Shouyou were in the kitchen, laughing together. He paused just before the doorway. He didn't want to go in and see them together; he wasn't sure if he could take it today.

Instead, he went back to his bedroom and got dressed, and called Hajime.

"Hello?" Hajime asked, voice sounding groggy.

"Hi," Tooru said. "Did you just wake up?"

"Yeah, it's like, 8am-"

"Are you busy?"

"No, why?"

"Can we meet up at Yama's?"

"Of course," Hajime said, voice suddenly happier. Tooru heard a rustling like Hajime was rushing out of bed. "What time?"

"In 15 minutes," Tooru told him. "See you there."

Hajime went to say something, but Tooru was already hanging up. He got dressed in a black turtleneck under a silk light blue button-up that he tucked into brown pants. He put in lace black socks and put on his doc martens. He brushed his hair nicely, even going as far as putting small gold hoop earrings in.

When he was done, he stood back and stared at his appearance. Beautiful, as always.

But then he heard Tobio laughing in the kitchen. What does beauty matter if he doesn't see it?

He left without saying goodbye, slamming the door behind him.

What he didn't know was that when Tobio heard the door shut, he rushed out of the kitchen, eyebrows furrowing. "Was that Oikawa?" He asked Shouyou.

"I think so."

Tobio turned away sadly, but, seeing Shouyou go back to joking, tried to force himself to brighten up.

Why was he so stupid?

Tooru met up with Hajime at the coffee shop, and when ordering, Koushi knit his eyebrows while looking at Tooru. "What's wrong?" Koushi asked. "You look depressed."

"It's nothing," Tooru lied.

He went and sat down with Hajime, and the two of them started talking about school. Tooru asked him what his major was, which was art. Tooru's was obviously music.

"Can you play another song on the piano?" Hajime asked. "I love hearing you play."

"Of course," Tooru flirted.

The two of them went upstairs, and Tooru sat down on the piano bench, wondering what he could play. "What's wrong?" Hajime asked.

"I just don't know what to play," Tooru told him. This never happened to him. He must have been depressed.

"Maybe this will help inspire you," Hajime said, and grabbed his face and kissed him.

Tooru's eyes opened in surprise, but he kissed Hajime back anyway.

Hajime pulled away too soon, and then he smirked. "Now, play me a song."

"Only if you draw me again."

"Deal."

Hajime went and sat down and brought out his sketchbook, and Tooru turned back to the piano keys and thought for a moment. He tried to sit up straight, and pose nicely so that he would make a drawing as beautiful as he was.