Loved by Gods

Beautiful hair glistening under the sunlight, Jack's locks looked holy as it should be despite how he's walking next to the soon-to-be King, Alberu, whose hair's much healthier than his own.

That being said, in contrast to the quarter dark elf who managed to pull out a neutral expression so that he wouldn't alert anyone else, Jack's expression is not good.

He's looking rather pale, one might even say.

Alberu, of course, had asked if the Pope is alright, to which Jack then responded with...

"My apologies, your highness, It seems like my shock upon the news regarding the young master-nim has affected my complexion"

His answer came out naturally, which is why Alberu doesn't suspect a thing and just leads the other blond to where Eruhaben would then teleport him to 'the sacred room', while he returned to his office since there's still a lot to be done before tomorrow.

It was at that moment.

Gasp...!

A soft gasp escaped Jack's lips, voicing out his shock.

"He just woke up from a Comatose yesterday... unfortunately, we haven't been able to feed him properly since his body seemed to be too weak to stomach heavy food."

Eruhaben heavy-heartedly informed the teary-eyed Pope.

"My magic seemed to be too much for a non-mage like him. However, I was told that he's loved by gods, so hopefully, you can help him out?"

That Ancient dragon sounded almost pleading to this timid human who might be the only person that can actually salvage his... son... from death's clutch.

"I'll try my best."

Jack's shaking voice is filled with sincerity.

"However..."

That Pope turned to the ancient being before then mentioning his own personal request.

"I wished to speak with him alone, Eruhaben-nim. No recording devices. No eavesdroppers. There's something I needed to tell The young master-nim personally"

The gold dragon arched his beautiful brows in suspicion and even used a bit of his dragon fear, making the human on the receiving end whimper lightly despite not breaking on the spot.

"And why would you need to be alone with him? What are you planning to do? Healing shouldn't be that secretive, right?"

"R-Right... but..."

Jack gathered his courage before then pushing himself to talk.

"A-As you mentioned before, Eruhaben... T-The young master-nim is loved by gods... a-and, well, I have a message to be passed to him..."

Eruhaben's gaze hardened and truthfully it's getting hard for Jack to maintain his self-preservation.

"Spill"

That was a threat if the clawful hand on his neck is not obvious enough...

"I-I can't! I'm not allowed to! I-I Don't even know what it means, Eruhaben-nim! It's only for Cale-nim to hear! A-And if anyone else were to found out what it means, that god would take Cale-nim's life-span instead of punishing the listener"

Tch.

A click of tongue was heard as Eruhaben dropped the Pope out of his grasp.

Jack was wheezing on the ground by then as he rubbed on his bruising neck.

'My goodness!'

The ancient dragon has changed...

He's not the warm wise gold dragon that Jack used to know.