Message from me

Hello everyone.

First off, i am so incredibly sorry for my supidly prolonged absense. I was unfair of me not to give you guys some kind of explanation as to why i havent updates in so long. But im going to try to give you a  good enough reason right now.

So, I started writing Dragon Tamer when I was sixteen. SIXTEEN!

God it was a liftime ago.

I was so young, so dumb and had so much free time.

I am...deep breath...twenty eight now.

Jesus.

Thrity is staring me in the face.

I have a job that i love and a mortgage. And i am tiiiiired all the time.

Reading back through the Dragon Tamer series, you can really tell (at least i can) that it was a sixteen year old writing it in the beginning. And i am a verry different crteature now.

I like to think i have grown as a writer? But maybe ive just come out of my 'pick me girl' phrase and so Marcie doesnt feel 'real' to me now. Not like she did when i was still in school and she was my escape from a pretty shitty reality.

I have tried to edit the story as the years went on but at some point when i was struggling with book two, I realised that i had wrote myself into a corner with her character. She just wasnt that great, had nowhere to grow, and started to really piss me off.

The only plot points i could think of to help her grow was torture and heartache. ugh.

I took a (very long) break and tired to think of new plots to push the story to where i wanted it.

But i eventually came to the realisation that i couldnt do anything with the story as a whole. 

The only thing i can do now, is to...rewrite the whole thing from start to finish.

I know.

Bummer.

It hurts my brtain to even think about! It took my so long to write! And now i have to start again! And change the whole thing including the main charcter?!

But i have been really encouraged by your continuous positive readings of the original material. And even though i havent been replying, i have read all your comments and was too embarrsed/felt too guilty to explain why i dropped it.

So i want to say a big thank you for your support and kind words. And they are the reason why I have finally decided to write this messeg and to pick up Dragon Tamer again.

Im going to leave the original up for anyone to read at their leasuire and im going to make a start on what will hopefully be the new and improved (more grown up) Dragon Tamer.

Thank you to @Vivian-Darkbloom and @Tynathologyfor your messeges, they are what finally kicked my butt into gear to write this (still too me a while to build up courage)

Love you all

keep reading :)

Esther

x