Chapter 1: Leaving

Todoroki's pov

Many years ago dragons and humans got along. This was even before there was kingdoms.

Humans started believing in different things. Some thought dragons would eat us. Some thought that dragons would disappear. Some believed that dragons were valuable like their scales. Or some thought dragons were friendly.

My kingdom believes that they're valuable. If you even bring a scale you could get 5,000 coins. But dragons are rare to find.

Rumors are only their shadows are left behind. We went to war and slaughtered many. I was only 4 years old.

After that war my mother got very ill. Father always blames the dragons but it's truly his fault. He just wants a reason to hate them.

Mother was sick for about a week but just randomly disappeared. Me and my siblings blamed our father. But like always he blamed the dragons.

But what if the dragons are just shadows now?

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

"Shoto where will you go?" Fuyumi was the only one that knows I'm leaving

"To the forest, find a small village or something." I shrugged

"But it's dangerous!" She whisper yelled

"I don't want to be stuck here forever!"

She sighed as I zipped my bag full of things. My bag was mostly filled with medical supplies. If I need food and water I can hunt or find a river.

"Promise to be careful?"

"Of course." I hugged her

She hugged back and tears fell down her face. I rubbed her back gently and smiled.

"Fuyumi I'll be fine."

"Shoto you have to stay safe. He'll find you and you know what he would do."

Father was someone to be scared of. When you disobey he could simply torture you. Torture you so badly you won't feel pain anymore.

I remember when Touya used to talk back to him. They would end up fighting and father burned him till it would scar. The screams from the dungeon was the only thing heard.

Touya eventually came out but would pass out frequently. Even in a middle of a conversation he would fall to the ground.

"I know that's why I'll make sure to stay hidden."

"He'll fight to find you Shoto!"

"Fuyumi don't worry, worry about it when it actually happens."

I let go of her small frame. Grabbing my bag I left the room. Guards are always everywhere.

Before turning every corner I peered and looked around. My whole life I was trained to be quiet. Every step I take makes barely any sound.

Suddenly I heard someone yelling. It must be father I have to hurry. I was about to turn a corner when I realized that's where he was.

Trying to find somewhere to hide I looked around. There was a table holding some pictures and decorations. I ran and hid under it, covering my mouth to make sure I don't make a noise.

Big loud footsteps stepped down the hall. Suddenly he stopped right next to the table and growled. My heart was pounding against my chest rapidly.

"Make sure Rei is alive." He said lowly

"Yes sir!" A guard bowed and left

My father left back to his room. I hadn't realized that I was holding my breath. Slowly I got out from under the table. My mother is still alive, most likely in the dungeon.

I'll have to come back for her and everyone else. But for now I have to leave. I want to discover the world and find a purpose. This is what my mother would want me to do.

The castle seems very quiet at night. Something seemed off like my father was planning something. He used to say I was his masterpiece for wars.

Now I'm not even going to be here. I'll find a new purpose. I don't want to fight for my whole life.

I ran out of the castle suddenly not caring about being quiet. The main problem was how I'm getting out of the courtyard.

My legs stopped running and I crouched behind some bushes. Guards were walking around everywhere.

I started slowly walking to the horse stables. My eyes landed on my white sleek horse. I put a saddle on her and we both made our way into the forest.

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Thank you everyone for reading and voting! I hope you enjoyed even though it was just like a starting chapter.