Lavalamp

It started in November. Callie messaged Freya on instagram. From then on they talked almost daily, lengthy conversations about everything yet nothing at the same time and butterflies arriving alongside every text notification.

Callie worked up some courage and confessed her feelings for Freya. Freya was nervous and still unsure as to what she felt but replied that she thought she felt the same but wanted to take things slow. From there Freya's feelings only grew until every time she though of the other she unwittingly smiled.

They met up not long after, both sets of parents anxious of the circumstances but the two desperate to finally meet up. They made it work. When they met the pure delight at seeing each other was enough to ward off the biting cold of a January day. They went and got some baked goods from a cafe next to the park they would spend almost 2 hours walking around. Chatting, getting to properly know each other. Freya got a cookie and Callie a brownie. Freya would later learn that a brownie was Callie's favourite baked good, try to surprise the other because they were ill but think that it was too much so back out. As Freya neared the train station and departed with Callie giving a hug to say goodbye, as she walked back home, she regretted not at least kissing the other on the cheek or hand.

They carried on talking, Freya got into a habit of calling Callie 'love'. Everyday each of them asking how the other was, hoping they slept well and had an ok day, wondering if the other did anything interesting.

Soon, Freya spontaneously asked if Callie was free, and they were! So, they chose to meet up the next day.

That day Freya had gone out to buy a birthday present but by the time she was home again she was buzzing. Callie texted to ask if they were still on for today and Freya answered that as long as Callie was up for it then yes. Callie told Freya that they were getting on the train and Freya could barely sit still. She busied herself with cleaning her room. Not long later her phone buzzed to let her know that Callie had arrived at the station so Freya practically dropped everything and speedwalked to the station. She spotted Callie and upon reaching her pulled her into a bonecrushing hug. They walked back to Freya's.

When they got in Freya's dog happily greeted this new person. Freya led Callie to her room. They chatted for a while about the past, primary school, strange differences in their current schools. Freya switched on her lavalamp. "I wonder if this still works actually." She said turning on the plug and watching the light flicker on. "Oh well it does!" Callie said surprised. They sit and continue to chat.

Soon, Freya offers the idea of playing mario kart. So they do. Freya teaches Callie how to play and Callie is surprisingly good at it. They're playing a match and Freya looks over at the lavalamp, "Oh look it looks strange." She states nonchalantly. "Oooo that's weird it looks like it's going to break loose and attack me." Callie says jokingly. "Don't worry I won't let that happen." Freya responds. They carry on playing Mario Kart. Once again, Freya looks over and it's changed again, she points it out, they wonder about it for a while and then carry on with Mario Kart. This happens twice more until Freya points out how it is going bubbly finally. "Oh wow it is, it's a bit odd but it's fascinating." Callie states. "Not as fascinating as you love." Freya says looking lovingly at Callie. They chuckle and look back at Freya who smiles and slowly leans into the other "-may I?" She asks. Callie answers by kissing Freya. It's soft and full of love. The evening goes on and they play a board game occasionally kissing softly and then going back to whatever they were doing. "Okay when this round is over I've got to go home I'm afraid." Callie says, breaking the silence of pondering over the next move. "Ah okay well I'll walk you to the train station." Freya responds slightly upset at the prospect of Callie leaving. "Okay thanks." Callie says smiling and playing her next move.

They walk to the train station Callie stating how Freya has to go over to theirs and play a video game that they played with friends and their dad. Freya agrees happily 'God I'm so fucking soft for this person' she thinks to herself. They reach the station and Freya kisses Callie on the cheek and then properly. "Can I have a hug?" Callie wonders, Freya just nods and pulls her towards her. She squeezes her and they separate. "Take care on your way home love. See you soon yeah?" Freya says smiling a little sadly. "Yes, of course, goodbye." Callie says smiling and turning to leave. Freya turns and heads back home already missing the other in her arms.