chapter thirty two.

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Jordyn sighed when she realized she didn't make much money. She quickly shoved the cash in her pocket before making her way to a random table, where a lady sat all by herself, reading the menu it looked like.

"Hi, I'm Jordyn." She introduced herself, putting on her best smile. "Are you waiting for someone or is it just you?"

The woman lowered the menu, and Jordyn's fell face when she saw it was Amanda LaRusso.

The mother of the girl she's been tormenting.

"What do you want?" She asked, trying her best to not look bothered.

"There's one thing I want." Amanda began, staring at the teenage girl with cold eyes. "I want you to stay the hell away from Sam."

Jordyn glanced around uncomfortably, wanting someone to swoop in and save her from having a conversation with Amanda.

"I tried calling your mom. No call back, no big surprise. I called your brother, but he didn't call back either. I could've kicked your door down. Is that more your style?" Amanda said, realizing Jordyn wasn't going to say anything. Her eyes grew colder as she continued, "Everyday in my house, there are little reminders of the mess you made. I see my daughter covering up her bruises and scars. The only reason you aren't behind bars right now is because my daughter asked me not to drag this ordeal out."

Jordyn couldn't help but let out a laugh, surprised Sam didn't want anything worse for her. She figured Sam would want her thrown behind bars after everything she has done. But Sam was too stupid to do anything like that.

Amanda licked her bottom lip, letting out a sigh. "So you can have your little tournament, but if you touch one hair on her head before then, you'll be scrubbing toilets in prison for the rest of your life. If you're lucky."

"Excuse me, miss?" A man, who sat alone at a table, spoke. "I'm pretty sure my soup is ready. I see it on the counter."

"Wait one second." Jordyn told him politely, keeping her eyes on Amanda. "I think you should leave."

"I will. I'm not here to cause a scene. Just here to deliver a message. But I need to know that you got that message."

"And what if I didn't?"

Amanda stood up from her chair, now standing in front of her with her arms crossed. "Well, that would be a mistake."

Jordyn's boss approached them. "Is everything okay here, ma'am?"

"I don't know. Is it?"

"Miss? I don't want my soup to get cold." The same guy from a minute ago said.

"Can you just shut the hell up already?!" Jordyn snapped at him, slamming her hand down on the table, some eyes falling on her.

"Jordyn!" Her boss scolded her. "That's it. Put away your uniform. I've had enough of your attitude. You're fired."

Jordyn's face fell. "What? No, I—"

"You're fired!"

She ripped the apron off, tossing it at him and glaring at Amanda, who surprisingly looked guilty now. "You probably can't imagine it, but some of us need these jobs to stay alive."