The Presentation

The sun rose on the savanna. Herds flocked to the grand rock that stood in the middle of the Pridelands. The timid King Ahadi and his mate, the bold Queen Uru laid inside the main den with their two blessings. Ahadi had already fallen in love with his second born son, a dark orange brown cub with striking green eyes named Shauri. Uru however had her eyes set on her first born, a golden cub with amber eyes named Mufasa.

A purple hornbill named Zuzu entered the den. The golden male looked up to look at the bird. 

"Hello Zuzu! Is it time?" The orange brown lioness said. 

"Yes your majesty. Sahau, your mandrill friend has everything ready for you."

"That's great! The kingdom shall bow before their new king!" Ahadi joked, chuckling.

"That reminds me, since Sahau has to to mark the heir, who is the heir so I can inform him?"

Ahadi and Uru exchanged glances. They weren't sure. 

"Well we haven't de-"

"Mufasa is the heir. He's stronger and he was born first." Uru said before Ahadi could finish his sentence. 

Uru shot Ahadi a look telling him to be quiet. Ahadi reluctantly nodded, thinking picking favorites shouldn't cloud his judgement.

The presentation went on as expected, crowds cheered, animals bowed, and most of all they loved their two new princes. 

————————————————————

Afterward, Uru and Ahadi had a talk. Or that was what Ahadi wanted.

"Can you get off my back! I made a quick decision!" Uru yelled.

"URU CALM DOWN! I JUST WANTED TO GIVE THEM BOTH A CHANCE!"

Uru paused and dug her claws into the ground. She let out a growl. 

"Remember your place Ahadi, you're merely a consort. I call the shots." Uru said, leaving the den in annoyance.

"Hey Uru?" The king mumbled, "where are the kids?"

"They're with Ni and Jambazi since they couldn't make it to the presentation." The queen said before finally leaving.

That night Ahadi hung out with his cousins, Ni and Jambazi, while babysitting the newborn princes. He took his kind of his relationship problems and finally took a load off.