Hatred

"SARABI! WHERE ARE YOU!?" A lion called far from his pride. 

His beloved daughter Sarabi had disappeared after arguing with his eldest Naanda. Their mother had passed when Sarabi was born and since then to two had a rocky relationship. He felt he could only blame himself for these arguments at times. 

Sarabi appeared wet and cold from the pouring rain. She cling to her father's paw and let out a whimper. The male, Mzembe held tightly to her and rubbed her back. 

"Why? Why does she hate me?" 

"Your sister has her own problems to deal with. No use carrying troubles that don't belong to you. Now can we go home now!? I hate the rain!"

Sarabi chukled and ran toward the pride. Mzembe was the king of the Outlands. Naanda was his heir and Sarabi was next in line. He walked behind his daughter.

"You know your sister doesn't hate you right?" 

"Doesn't act like it. Sometimes I wish I could just-run away and never return!"

"You have a duty here my little star!"

"I know. But one day, I'm gonna find a new home and create my own pride!" Sarabi smiled.

"That you will star. That you wi-"

Suddenly a strange lion attacked Mzembe's side. He let out a growl of pain and he threw the attacker off. It was none other than the strongest of Askari's lion guard, previously Jambazi now Tanglemane. He had recently chose that nickname for his unkept mane.

Mzembe hid Sarabi behind his paws as he snarled at Tanglemane. 

"You do understand who's territory you're on right? This is my land and you're breaking our truce! Ahadi said he'd stay away from us!" Mzembe yelled.

The bulky lion rolled his eyes and  retracted his claws.

"Let's make this easy for you. Where's the prince..."

"Which one? And I don't know! I usually tell them to buzz off."

Mzembe sniffed the air.

Stupid rain. Can't catch a scent.

Ok then. We'll be difficult.

Four other lions appeared ready for battle. Askari led the group and had Furaha, his bravest, Kifo, the keenest, And Ni, Tanglemane's brother and the fastest.

Mzembe cursed quietly and ushered Sarabi away. 

"Go get the pride!" 

That was the last thing Mzembe got out before being tackled and attacked by the lion guard.