➤ "Cruelty"

"Tanjiro!" A woman called out lightly to the red-haired boy.

"Your face is all dirty. Let me clean you up." The woman said coming closer to the boy named Tanjiro.

Slowly getting on her knees she reached up with a cloth in hand to his face, Tanjiro's mother starts cleaning the soot off his face.

"You know you really don't have to go, all this snow could be dangerous." The boy's mother expressed to her son while wiping the soot off.

"I want us to have a good New Year's celebration, where everyone can eat as much as they want" He said along with "So I'll sell all the charcoal I can."

Tanjiro told his mother looking down slightly at her, his mother looked at him with a loving face.

"How thoughtful of you"

"Brother! Are you going to town again today?"

"I'm going with you!"

Two children chummed in hoping to go with their brother while one followed from behind.

"No, you're not. You know you can't walk as fast as Tanjiro can, sweetie" Getting up from her spot and going towards the little boy and girl.

"Oh come on mom!" The little boy argued back while looking at his mother

"No way." The young woman said calmly looking down at her two children.

"He's not gonna be able to use the cart today, which means he can't give you a ride when you get tired." Their mother explained to both of them, the children whined softly.

"Tanjiro!" The little boy went to go hug his older brother

"I wanna come with you! I promise I'll help out!" The girl said looking up at Tanjiro waiting for his response.

"That's very generous of you Hanako" Reaching out and gently petting his little sister's head. The girl seemed hopeful to go with her brother.

"But no you're staying home today." Tanjiro soon said at this the little girl named Hanako let out a soft whine.

Tanjiro crouched down separating his little brother from him.

"Sorry Shigeru you're too. But I'll bring back tons of goodies, okay?" The red-headed boy said putting his hand on Shigeru's cheek looking at him.

At the mention of that the little boy's face seemed to brighten up, "Promise?" Shigeru said looking at his brother with a now happy face.

"Yeah." Shigeru giggled at that pleased to hear that from Tanjiro.

"And Hanako, I'll read for you when I get home later." He said, stroking his hand on his little sister's hair.

"Okay!" Hanako replied with a closed-eye smile.

"Good girl" Tanjiro complimented his sister, "Thank you, for doing this Tanjiro." His mother thanked him.

" 'course, time for me to head out." He replied back, now standing up straight looking at his mother.

"Hey Takeo,..." He did a brief pause, "Do me a favor while I'm gone, okay. Chop as much wood as you can along with (M/n)" Tanjiro said looking towards his other brother.

"Yeah, I was already gonna do that anyway but.." Takeo said, now looking away from Tanjiro, "I was kinda hoping we could do that together with him." Takeo said still looking at the other side, with a little 'hmph' at the end.

With that (M/n) walked behind and said "There, there Takeo." While gently smiling and petting him on top of his head.

"Knock it off! Would ya!" Takeo snapped at you with embarrassment taking (M/n)'s hand off, "You're blushing, Take!" Shigeru pointed at him while giggling.

"Shut up you brat!" Takeo exclaimed back to him evidently embarrassed.

"There, there now." Now it was Tanjiro's turn, rubbing Takeo's head while smiling at his brother's behavior.

"I told you both to cut it out!" He exclaimed out with a grunt already embarrassed enough with the situation and with that you all laughed joyfully.

"Come back as soon as you can, okay?"

"Be safe and see you when you get back."

"Be careful out there, Tanjiro"

Shigeru, Hanako, and (M/n) said while waving off to him and Tanjiro waving you guys a goodbye while looking back getting farther away from home.

"Hi Tanjiro"

"Hey Nezuko" Tanjiro approached his sister. "I had to put Rokuta down for a nap now, otherwise he would throw a fit." She said and made a pause to look back at her baby brother who was sleeping peacefully on her back.

"Ever since dad passed he's been glued to your side and also with (M/n)." Nezuko explained still looking at Rokuta.

"In fact, everyone seems to follow you both." She smiled at that, "See you when you get back" Nezuko gave her brother a closed-eyed smile.

The boy set off to the town unaware of the bloodshed soon to come...
                                              .

                                              .

                                              .

Tanjiro already sleeping soundly at the old man's house after a long day of selling charcoal.

                               At Tanjiro's home

(M/n)'s POV

It was already pretty late Tanjiro hasn't come back, I'm worried for him.

"(M/n) dear, you should come inside it's already night." I turned to see my mother, "I will, it's just Tanjiro isn't here yet so I'm concerned for him." I told her.

"You're right, but still it's important that you come inside your leg still has to heal." She told me, I could see she was worried too.

"Hmm, I will I just need to put this wood away." Giving her a little smile to reassure my mother, she nodded and went back inside with my siblings.

My leg was killing me it was probably because of the wood I was carrying all day. Slowly putting the chopped up wood where it belongs, I noticed a smell a unfamiliar one.

I turned my head to direction from where it came from and there I saw a tall figure that was walking slowly. It was a man he was wearing fancy clothing, I decided to approach him.

"Excuse me sir? Do you need help?" I made a brief pause, "Are you perhaps lost?" Still no answer came from the mysterious man that was standing a few feet away.

Author's POV

"That earring..." A whisper came from the man one that (M/n) couldn't catch on time. "You'll serve me as a good test subject, (M/n) Kamado."

And just like that in a blink of an eye the man had lashed (M/n) diagonally with just one swift move of his hand.

There he laid on the ground all bloodied with the red liquid spurting out of his mouth, "I wonder if a dying human can withstand my blood in such pitiful state..."

The man spoke looking down at (M/n), he could see the life on his eyes slowly start fading. He lifted his hand slightly, a large cut could be seen a lot of blood already dripping on to the cold snow which didn't seem to bother him at all.

The blood dropped on to the boy's wound. The mysterious man soon proceeded to massacre the family of (M/n) and Tanjiro only leaving one alive.

Sadly, the one thing waiting for Tanjiro Kamado was a horrid scene of his family but then also a great and dangerous journey ahead for him and his siblings.
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
            .

.

.
[♡] - I made slight changes :,)