WAVING THROUGH A WINDOW OHHHHHHHHH

Date finished: 2022-01-30

Time spent: 64 hours

Materials used:  graphite pencils(4H-9B), kneaded eraser, brushes, white Sakura gelly roll pen, skewer, Prismacolour pencil crayons, cotton swabs, white and grey hard pastel, soft compressed charcoal block.

Confession: I'm a pretty huge fan of musicals, Dear Evan Hansen in particular(we don't talk about the movie), so I decided: "WhY nOt DrAw THE BeNjAmIn ScHiFf PlAtT aS EvAn HaNsEn?"

Yeah.....turned out to be my most ambitious project so far, and the fact that I mad the deadline the end of the month was...not very smart.

Any who, now that I'm back from the dead, it's criticising time.

I'm pretty much in love with this drawing except for the blending, which is really poor quality, and makes the face shading look blocky and the hair look...not very hair-y... (that was a horrible adjective). 

 Also, the bad blending makes everything look pasted together, though I really should've just went with the charcoal background from the start instead of doing all graphite, then erasing it to apply the charcoal once I realised that the graphite wasn't working...

On that note, don't EVER use graphite if you want to achieve a really dark, almost black background. Chances are, you'll find yourself applying too much, and cause a shiny lustre on your drawing, which you DO NOT want, as it also makes taking photos of your drawing difficult, as well as degrading the quality of the drawing. It MIGHT work if you happen to have 9B or lower grade of graphite powder on hand, but I'm broke, so I haven't tried that out yet...

Anyways, I'm done here. Let me just disappear off the face of the Earth again...