Chapter 53

Yoko POV:

"Regarding the permission we got yesterday, we need to 'call off' the work studies." Aizawa said.

"Huhhhh? Even after the fight?" I whined. "I was about to contact Sir..."

"THAT'S WHAT YA'LL GET! HA!" Bakugou (who had been freed) yelled.

"SHUT UP YOU A-HOLE!" His girlfriend screamed back.

"HOWEVER." Aizawa continued. "You are allowed to do your work studies under a hero who has had good records with the studies so far."

"YES!!!!!!!"

***

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Yoko Todoroki?"

"Yup! Hello, Sir!" I said happily into the phone. "I was wondering--"

"If I could take you in for work studies?" Nighteye finished for me. "Of course. The form is already filled out."

"Yes! Thank you so much, Sir!" I said. "Please say Hi to Bubble Girl and Centipeder for me!"

"Of course. Goodbye."

He hung up.

"Yes!" I pumped my fist. "I get to do work studies! Whoo!"

"Lucky!" Sero said.

"I got a offer as well." Chisako unexpectedly piped up.

"Huh? Thought you were doing it with Miruko?"

CHisako rolled her eyes. "Miruko-Sensei is not around right now. You know how she is - always hoppin' around and whatnot."

We all shook our heads. "Uh...we don't know."

"Whatever. So I get to go to someone else." CHisako said.

"U-um...." Deku poked his head out from the side of the wall. "Yoko-san....All Might wants you."

"Me?" I said, suddenly nervous. "Ok...."

***

"Come in, you three." All Might said.

I was so suprised, I almost didn't hear him. Assembled next to me was Mirio Togata and Deku.

"YOU ARE....HERE!" Mirio yelled. "SOrry, just wanted to say that! Wow! Getting summoned by the No. 1 hero is certainly nerve-racking!"

"Um...I'm sorry, but I have no clue what's going on." I stammered.

"WHAT A COINCIDENCE! ME TOO!" Mirio agreed.

"Actually, I don't know either..." Deku admitted.

"Young Todoroki...." All Might said to me. "You might not know it, but Young Togata is also under the internship of Sir Nighteye."

"WHOA, REALLY?" I said. "Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Sir asked for you?" Mirio said to me, impressed. "Wow! He barely shows any recognition to U.A. students!"

"W-wait...really? You two?" Deku spluttered.

"YUP! FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW!" Mirio pumped a fist.

"For me, I did it for the internships." I said. "Sir says he's taking be in for work studies as well."

"Wow, so that means you can be his sidekick after you graduate!" Deku said to Mirio.

"Yup!"

"Young Togata and Todoroki...." All Might said. "In your opinion...do you think Young Midoryia will be fit to intern under Nighteye?"

I thought. Well...Sir certainly loves humorous people...

I could see Mirio thinking as well...

"Aha! You want us to introduce Midoryia to Sir!" I realized. 

"Yeah, but why use us as middlemen?" Mirio asked ALl Might. "Sir would love to hear from you directly!"

"I...cannot bring myself to meet him myself." All Might admitted. "Anyway! What do you think of Young Midoryia?"

"Well...what kind of hero do you want to be?" Mirio asked.

"I want to, no matter what...be the greatest of them all!" Deku replied with some thought.

Mirio and I exchanged looks. I've only known Mirio for a day, but he seemed like a good person.

"I think Sir would love Midoryia!" I exclaimed.

"SAME HERE! SO, SURE!" Mirio gave ALl Might a thumbs up.

"R-really?" Deku stammered. "Thanks!"

"NO PROBLEM!"

three updates in less than a hour! I FEEL PROUD

please VOTE+COMMENT+SHARE!

- DGD/Mrs. Kaminari