Chapter 8

𝙱 𝙰 𝙸 𝙻 𝙰 𝚁
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

𖨆 𝟷 𝟶  𝚂 𝙴 𝙲 𝙾 𝙽 𝙳 𝚂 𖨆

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

♡︎ARMIN'S POV♡︎

Sitting on the other side of the booth, Y/n and I looking at each other as we engaged in what I guess you could say small talk. In a small amount of time, Y/n took over the conversation as she started talking to me about her day. Thank god! I thought, reminding myself of my social anxiety.

Slowly as time went on, my mind started to drift back to Annie, and how I was gonna start such a bad conversation with her. Well, it wasn't necessarily bad for me, but more unfortunate for her. I knew this probably wouldn't end in my favor, or end well in general, but I still had hope that she would take everything I tell her well. I know Annie, and she damn sure won't take her boyfriend leaving her for another girl that she suspected him cheating with lightly.

The sound of my name alerted me and knocked me out of my mind as my vision focused to Y/n waving her hand in front of my face and calling my name.

"You good?" Y/n asked, her perfectly curved eyebrow arched in concern. I watched her wipe her hands off on a tissue that sat beside her half empty plate, my plate almost completely cleared.

"Yeah, I'm good," I answered her. The waitress came back to our table and grabbed our plates, once completely filled with the best breakfast foods, hot and steaming.

(Favorite breakfast food/s?)

I watched as Y/n went in her wristlet to grab her debit card before putting my hand out to stop it. "I got it," I offered. I mean, what asshole would let the woman pay for them and theirselves?

"Nah, it's cool, it's not that much," Y/n said, giving me a smile from my kind gesture. Sweet. She thought, making a mental note to think about this later when she gets home, and tell her friends and sister about it.

"It doesn't matter, if it's not that much than that's even more of a reason why I'll get it," I told Y/n pushing her hand back towards her as I pulled off my phone case to grab my debit card out of it.

"Oh, so you're one of those people?" Y/n asked in curiousness as she kept her card in her hand and looked at me with her eyebrows raised after seeing where I took my card out from.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sliding my card into the little pocket in the little check envelope the waitress put on the table before she left.

"You keep all of your important things like your cards, cash, and IDs in the back of your phone," Y/n said, slightly tilting her head. "What's wrong with that?" I asked, confused.

"What if you loose your phone or it gets stolen or you like...I don't know, something happens to it and all of that stuff is lost?" Y/n asked, putting her card in her wristlet, zipping it up, and propping both of her elbows on the table, using her hands so she could lay her chin on them.

"Then I guess it'll just be gone," I said, shrugging my shoulders and handing our waitress the check envelope.

As I did this, Y/n watched as my head lifted up to look at the waitress. My head turned giving her full sight of the side of my neck and jawline. Sharp. She thought as she looked at the curve of my jawline down to my chin, freshly shaved.

She looked back down to my neck, my Adam's Apple bobbing up and down as I swallowed. My neck muscles stretched as I had my neck turned towards the waitress, having small conversation with her. Y/n watching it all.

My slightly tanned skin tracing all the way up to my curly, poofy, blonde hair. Well, my hair isn't naturally all that curly, it's a little curly, but when I was younger I would always straighten it to fit in with the other boys in my school and not be bullied for how different my hair is, so over the years of constant heat and perms, it got damaged and wasn't too curly anymore. Plus, I never wanted to cut it all off and start over so I just left it.

The way my hair was curly now was because of the perm rod set Carla put in my hair a couple days ago. From Y/n's point of view, it looked like a cute curly mess that draped over my eyes and complemented my shade and undercut.

Her watching my blue eyes slowly blink every few seconds and my veined hands as they clasped together. My buttoned nose, slightly red at the tip and my small, full lips, stretching into a small smile.

A large looking tattoo teasing itself by slightly appearing on my collar bone and hiding the rest of itself in my hoodie.

By the time Y/n finished her small observation of me, the waitress was already back with the check. I took my card out of the pocket, putting it back in my phone cases and lifted my head up to look at Y/n, making eye contact with her because of her already looking at me.

"You ready?" I calmly and quietly asked her, trying not to freak out because of the eye contact we were both holding. It felt intense, but normal at the same time. Nonetheless it was still enough to make my heart race.

"Mhm," Y/n replied, nodding her head at me as we started to get out of the booth still holding eye contact. I'm about to look away I can't do this. I thought.

A second after, Y/n looked away from me and got out of the booth, waiting for me to start walking beside her. We both exited the diner as I walked her to her car, planning to go to mine after she drove away.

Standing, having a pointless conversation with Y/n, yet it felt more important than any conversation I've had with Annie. I knew exactly what I should've done. What I should do. What I need to do.

As Y/n and I talked, my attention diverted to her lips. It wouldn't be fair to her if I kissed her right now, would it? I asked myself, pondering my decision, and deciding not to do it. After I end things with Annie.

It was like my mind summoned her because as I thought that, her contact name came up on my phone, the incoming call making my phone buzz in my hand, interrupting Y/n and I, and making the both of our eyes shift to her phone.

As I flipped my phone over to see who it was, Y/n also caught a glimpse at the contact name and sighed once she realized she had forgotten that I even had a girlfriend.

I looked up to Y/n to see her body already turned away from me and picking her stuff up off of the trunk of her car. "I'll catch you later, Armin," she said in her normal voice, her face straight as she bent over to place her stuff in the passenger seat of her car, closing the door and walking around the car.

She stopped at me, smiled and waved before walking around to her drivers seat, getting in, starting it, and driving off.

I sighed at the reaction Y/n gave me to the unexpected phone call from Annie as I also dreaded the conversation I was about to have with Annie once I arrived at her house in a few minutes.

Who knows? Maybe a couple hours from now everything will turn out how I want. I thought.

I knew better.