10

All POV'S

A week had now passed and Jinx was still being haunted by the voices in her head. Lux noticed something was wrong when Jinx was keeping her distance.

Lux had spent the day playing around with her magic making sure she didn't loose it, while Jinx was out finding scrap to use on her grenades. Lux walked over to her hammock and laid down with her book ready to sleep for the night. Jinx still wasn't back home yet, but it was usual for Jinx to be out late at night on the streets.

Lux flipped open to the page on gemstones trying to figure out if there was a way for her to help out. But everything the pages read Jinx already knew of. Jinx wasn't the smartest person, but she knew her way around weapons she knew how they worked and she knew how to use them well. Lux wondered why Jinx was so fascinated in her gadgets, she had never thought to ask.

LUX'S POV

Lux heard the noise of Jinx running back through the halls of the old cannery, so she quickly pretended to sleep. She heard Jinx walk through and throw some stuff onto the counter.
"Why did you have to come, you could've left for one night!" Jinx said out loud.
Lux had also noticed Jinx talking to herself a lot more lately. Jinx had once told Lux about the voices in her head, but she never new she talked back to them.

Lux listened closely to Jinx's movements as she pretended to sleep. "Shut up! She's sleeping, I'm not going to do that to her!" Jinx said back to the voices.

I'm not going to do that to her?

Lux wondered what that meant, she kept listening.

"You know what maybe I should, maybe it would make you guys shut up!" Jinx yelled. Lux then heard Jinx walking over towards her, each step Jinx took the more worried Lux got.

JINX'S POV

Jinx decided she was going to stop the bullshit and make Lux hers, she knew her hesitation got her here where she is now so she thought ending it could solve it. Jinx watched Lux as she soundly slept,

She looks so cute.

LUX'S POV

Jinx started to rub Lux's shoulder as she quietly whispered. "Sunshine, wake-up I have something to tell you."

Lux pretended to wake up.

"Hey, I know I've been distant lately. But I want to change and I'm ready to change." Jinx said.

"What do you mean?" Lux said as she pretended to yawn.

"Look, my past keeps haunting me and I'm ready to end it all and move forward." Jinx said as she took a deep breath.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Jinx asked. Lux just sat there staring at Jinx in shock, she knew they had a thing for each other but she never imagined actually being Jinx's girlfriend.

"Say something. Please." Jinx said. Lux bit her lip, and looked up at Jinx's.

This all could be her's.

Just say yes.

"Yes!" Lux said.

Jinx immediately pulled in grabbing the back of her neck while placing her lips on Lux's, it felt warm and tingly. Both Lux and Jinx melted in the kiss, letting the past few weeks of distance fade away.

ALL POV'S

The two had been kissing for a while but then stoped to take in the beauty of each other. This time the two laid on Lux's hammock where Jinx's head rested on Lux's chest.

"I'm sorry for not being there for you." Lux said.

"It's not your fault. You didn't understand." Jinx said.

"What's wrong? Why do those voices haunt you?" Lux asked.

"You already know what my sister did to me but..."

Jinx took a deep breath.

"I was the reason she left. I blew up a building. I killed my friends and my first adopted father. I'm just like my sister said, a jinx" Tears began streaming down Jinx's face.

Lux realised that Jinx must have taken in the name because of what her sister said to her. It wasn't fair that Jinx's sister blamed her for everything, and it wasn't fair that she left her. Lux started wiping Jinx's tears with the cuffs of her sleeves.

"Don't cry, it's not your fault you were only a child. You didn't know better. You only tried to help your family and that's what matters, you cared about them." Lux said.

"Powders gone too, the girl that cared for people is gone. I can't care about anyone anymore, it's too dangerous, I'm too dangerous." Jinx said.

"But you care about me? Right?" Lux asked.

"You're the only person I will ever care for again." Jinx said as she began to close her eyes to sleep.

Lux's heart began racing, she had never had someone care for her in that kind of way. Not even her parents cared the slightest. Lux missed her family, but it was for the best she was gone. She was a danger to all of them.

Jinx felt Lux's heartbeat pick up.

"Sunshine! What's wrong?" Jinx asked as she sat up to look at Lux.

"I have the most beautiful girl laying on top of me. That's what ha ha." Lux said.

Jinx just gave Lux a quick smile followed by a peck on her lips. She laid back down as the two both drifted off into a deep sleep.

___________________________________
I everyone, I will start incorporating some events that happen in arcane. Please leave suggestions as to what you guys want too see soon. If you are wondering why I keep re-updating the chapters, it is so that everything makes a bit more sense to you all.