0.

Prologue

My life was different just a few weeks ago. During summer break, me and my friends were supposed to go on a road trip to god knows where and return back just one day before our next semester began. The plan was going strong even when there was only two days left and everyone thought that this would be the highlight of our lives. You know the moment when we would be the happiest teenagers in the world - driving all day long, partying every night and making memories in hotel rooms. That was my entire life right there just waiting for me and then all of a sudden out of nowhere my mom announced that she was getting married and the wedding would take place as soon as summer break started.

That was the moment my entire life came crashing down upon me. It wasn't just the road trip that I was worried about - although I did throw a lot of tantrum about it too. What dawned on me when my mom shared the news with me and my three sisters was that our life would change entirely now. 

We were all going to shift to Nate, my mom's boyfriend's house which was approximately a hundred and thirty eight kilometers away from Lakers Town. A hundred and thirty eight kilometers away from my life. Moving to Rushmore meant leaving the people I had basically grown up with behind and that was something I couldn't even fathom no matter how hard I tried to. 

But the decision had been made and there was no turning back now no matter what. 

My mom said that leaving people behind is a part of our life and there is nothing we can do about it - which, logically, is right. But what she doesn't understand is that once I go to Rushmore Academy - the 'most prestigious' school in our country - I'll be like one of the rich kids. I'm not judging people based on their financial status but I swear to god every single person I know from Rushmore is mean as fuck. And trust me, I know a lot of them.

However, before I knew it, summer break had started and then the wedding was over and we were on our way to Rushmore. And here I was, sitting on the back seat of my mom's brand new Audi with a grumpy look on my face - which mom refused to acknowledge - wondering what I had done to deserve this. I mean, I have done a couple of bad things like breaking up with Ryder Miller just because he wasn't bad enough for me but I'm sure those things don't count...right? 

Just then my mom swerved inside a driveway that led to Nate's house which didn't look like a house at all. It was a castle straight out of a fairy tale. I did try to keep my face neutral but there isn't much a human being can do except keep their mouth and eyes wide open when there is a fucking palace right in front of them. 

It was then that I realized how much my life was going to change starting from this exact moment. I would no longer be the Nova Parker I was before in Lakers Town. I would not have the same crazy friends I had before nor would I get to see them for months now.

But in every situation there are pros and cons. 

What I would get in Rushmore was a new stock of bad boys - an entirely new stock of bad boys. And I realized that maybe, just maybe, this whole moving to a new town thing wasn't so bad after all.