twenty nine.

-an-

please vote and comment if you are enjoying! <3

─☼☼☼─

𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙆𝙁𝙐𝙇𝙇𝙔, 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘿𝙊𝘾𝙆𝙎 were basically empty as JJ, Kie, and Charlotte pulled up. 

Their ride had been rather silent, Kiara quickly picking up on the fact that something had happened while Charlotte and JJ were inside the house. 

JJ tried to hide his sad eyes, but it was painfully obvious that he was upset. 

He had managed to slap a smile on his face by the time they arrived at the docks, and as he opened the keys to the hangar where the boat was stored, he couldn't help but let out an excited whistle. 

"There she be."

Kiara and Charlotte furrowed their brows as they watched JJ approach the boat as if it were a wild animal. "Hey, girl."

He grabbed the sheet that was covering part of the boat, pulling it off before stepping back to admire. "1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom."

Looking back at the two girls, it appeared that JJ wanted some sort of reaction out of them. 

Charlotte gave him a sheepish look. "Gonna be honest, J. I have no idea what any of that means."

JJ clicked his tongue, looking back at the boat. "The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours, girls. That's what that means." He placed a hand on the bow of the boat. "Fort years old! Forty. And it's still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

Kiara shrugged. "It's kind of a junker."

Scoffing, Charlotte nudged her sister. "Don't say that to him. He's in love."

"Yeah, come on." JJ argued. "She's right there, Kie. She can hear you." He looked back to his beloved boat. "Let's just put it this way, you would not be smokin' weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

Kiara didn't seem bothered. "I just hope it runs."

"Oh, no. She'll run, alright. She's faster than any of the cutters the boys in blue got."

Charlotte leaned over to expect the boat. "Are we really going to keep referring to this thing as a female."

JJ nodded as he began hooking up the trailer hitch. "Only way to do it, baby."

A small laugh flew from Charlotte's lips just as the sound of tires screeching sounded from outside. 

"Pope." Kie sighed. "Finally!"

Charlotte was focused on what JJ was doing, barely looking up when footsteps could be heard approaching them. 

But when a voice rang out, she felt her heart plummet. 

"Hey, there. What's goin' on?"

Both JJ and Charlotte's heads shot up, their wide eyes landing on Rafe who was making his way toward them. "JJ? Lottie? How you guys doin'?"