twelve.

─☼☼☼─

𝙄𝙏 𝙒𝘼𝙎𝙉'𝙏 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂 before the Twinkie finally pulled into the lot.

Its headlights illuminated Charlotte's car as she sat up, letting out a small sigh of relief. "About time." She muttered to no one but herself as she threw open her car door and stepped out.

Still in her ridiculous dress and heels, Charlotte felt like an idiot as she stood in the parking lot of the Hawk's Nest.

The winds outside had begun to pick up, bolts of lighting streaking through the air as thunder rumbled from somewhere over the water.

The engine to the Twinkie was killed, and through the window Charlotte could see the four Pogues, but no one got out yet.

Begrudgingly, Charlotte stomped toward them desperate to see what the hold up was.

Just as she reached the vehicle, the door slid open and John B stepped out, his eyes lighting up for a moment when he spotted the eldest Carrera girl. "Charley? What are you doing here?"

Charlotte looked past him where the other three still sat in the van, Kiara with a particularly pissed off expression on her face. When she looked back to John B, he was giving her a tight-lipped smile. "I drove Sarah here." She explained, jabbing a thumb over her shoulder. "She's waiting for you."

He tried to hide the smile that quickly overtook his lips at the mention of Sarah Cameron, but Charlotte easily spotted it.

She rose her brows, amused with the situation. "We need to talk later." She grinned as she stepped around him toward the Twinkie.

John B feigned confusion. "About?"

Charlotte winked as she grabbed onto the frame of the vehicle. "I think you know."

John B was letting out a laugh as a hand gripped onto Charlotte from inside the Twinkie, pulling her into the sweltering hot car. "You drove her here?" Kiara snapped before Charlotte even had a chance to gain her bearings.

She had fallen into JJ when she was pulled into the van, and he was looking down at her with a look of suggestion. "Hey, Charley."

The dark haired girl scoffed, pushing herself off of him before directing her anger at her little sister. "Would you relax?"

Kiara clenched her jaw as she tightly crossed her arms across her chest. "I thought that when you and Rafe broke up you would finally see what a conniving bitch she is."

Charlotte forced herself not to roll her eyes. "We're still caught up on this drama?"

"Yes!" Kie snapped in exasperation. "Aren't big sister's suppose to take their little sister's sides? Not fraternize with the enemy at every chance they get! You're being a really shitty sister. I hope you know that."

JJ and Pope were sharing uncomfortable looks as the two sisters stared each other down. It was evident that whatever was going to be said next was not going to be good by any means.

"I'm being a shitty sister because I drove her here? Get a grip, Kiara."

Kiara looked about ready to strangle Charlotte. "You've been a shitty sister for years. Always picking the Kooks over us─over me. And what an idiot I've been. Because I really thought that this summer was going to be different. I thought that finally you'd come to your senses and realized where you really belonged. But the minute you had a chance to weasel your way back into the Cameron family and Kook life, you were taking it. That's why you didn't leave with us tonight, wasn't it? You were with Rafe...playing pretend in your fancy dress and pretty hair."