𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚.

─☼☼☼─

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙊𝙏𝙏𝙀 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙏𝙏𝙔 sure she had been at Tannyhill more this past week than she had been in almost a year.

But this time, she wasn't pulling up to the large estate to see Rafe. No, this time she was here because she had received a call from Pope. Apparently Sarah had found the much sought out Island Room, and apparently it was at the Cameron residence.

The Island Room was hopefully the first step in them locating the Cross of Santo Domingo, and despite the fact that Charlotte had taken a backseat on the treasure hunting over the past few days, she was excited to get back to work.

She arrived out front of the large house at the same time the Twinkie did. Closing her car door, Charlotte approached the group of them as they came piling out of the van.

"Nice to see you, Charley." John B commented, a slight edge to his tone.

JJ rose his brows, "Yeah, you sure you're here to see us and not your little psychopathic lover?"

Charlotte let out a deep breath, having had expected the berating from them. "His dad just died." She defended, eyes flickering to Sarah for a moment.

"Yeah, so did mine." John B challenged. "I don't remember you sleeping with me."

Heat rose to Charlotte's face as she dropped her jaw in shock. "I am not sleeping with him. I swear to God John B, I will--"

"Okay!" Pope interrupted, stepping between the two of them. Charlotte hadn't even realized how close she had gotten to John B in her anger. "Can we focus on what we're doing here? We're all still friends, alright? Let's leave the drama for later."

Narrowing her eyes at John B, Charlotte finally nodded. "Fine." She agreed.

John B gave her a look that a pouting four year old would. "Fine." He shot back.

"Grow up, John B." Sarah muttered, brushing past him to grab a hold of Charlotte's arm and pull her toward the house.

Clearly, the group was at odds. That much was obvious.

Turning back to look at the rest of the group, Sarah pulled the front door open. "Come on!" She called, "Someone's already been here...we should hurry."

And so they did.

Without anymore arguing, they managed to make it upstairs and into the formal dining room of the Cameron residence.

Charlotte had never spent a lot of time in here. They never usually ate together as a whole family unless it was a holiday or a birthday. She never could have expected that THIS was the Island Room they were in search of.

When they entered, the first thing she noticed was that all the wallpaper had been torn off, the room looking like it was in the middle of a renovation.

They next thing she noticed was what was underneath the wallpaper...it was map.

Her eyes scanned it for a quick moment, picking up on some of the places that were labelled.

"Holy shit." JJ muttered from next to her, everyone else mumbling their awed sentiments. 

"It's a map of the island." Charlotte announced, turning to look at Pope.