𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚.

─☼☼☼─

𝙄𝙏 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝙀 next night as the six of them sat at The Chateau, gathered around the fire for their We're All Alive and Well party. 

Upon escaping near death or captivity in Charleston, John B and Sarah had showed the group of them to the Cameron's boat that they had taken from Bahamas. That was how they ended up back on the mainland in the first place. 

Said boat was what gotten the six of them back to the Outer Banks. 

The boat ride had consisted of swapping of stories about their time apart. Arguably, John B and Sarah's were the most interesting, but the other four had some good contributions as well. 

When they had arrived back home, it was unanimously decided that they were going to party that night. Kie deducted that she was already late on her return, so what was one more day. Charlotte wasn't sure their parents would see it that way, but she wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to party with the Pogues. 

Most of their night was spent in the hot tub, and now as they dried off around the camp fire, majority of them were less than sober. 

Currently, JJ and Pope were wrestling on the ground as the other four watched on in amusement. 

"Why are boys so weird?" Charlotte wondered, taking a sip of her beer. 

Sarah cocked a brow as she grinned. "What? You mean you don't want to wrestle me next?"

A laugh bubbled from Charlotte's lips as she leaned forward slightly. "You couldn't take me." She whispered, a teasing taunt to her tone. Sarah let out a shocked gasp in return, shaking her head with narrowed eyes. 

"Now, I would pay to see that shit." John B interjected, finishing what was left of his beer. "Charley versus Sarah would be a sight to see."

Charlotte and Sarah shared a brief look before Charlotte snorted. "Keep on dreaming, buddy."

John B raised his hands in surrender as JJ and Pope's match came to an end, JJ being the self-proclaimed champion.

"I'm done!" Pope raised his hands, stalking away from the group. "I'm gonna go take my losses."

Sarah and Charlotte were in fits of uncontrollable laughter as Kiara stood up silently. For the better part of the night, she had been silent, watching Pope with a certain softness. 

As the youngest Carrera followed after Pope, the others caught on pretty quickly as to what was happening. 

"Really?" Sarah balked, an amused smile on her face.

JJ turned, yelling over his shoulder. "Way to be discreet!"

Charlotte, meanwhile, dropped her face into her hands. "Gross." She muttered, scrunching up her face as she sat back up. 

John B shook his head. "I leave, and this is what happens."

"Are you blamin' us?" JJ wondered, looking to Charlotte to back him up.

A shrug came from John B as he grinned, "Just a little bit."

"What the hell did you want us to do about it?" Charlotte wondered, raising her brows at him. "I am not getting in the middle of that shit."