five.

CALISTA HAD NOT FELT CLOSE TO HER CHILD. This was not what she wanted. This was not how it was supposed to go. Of course, it was a boy. Just what Oren would've wanted. Every time he cried, every time she peered into that crib—all she could see was him. She wanted to get as far away from her son as possible.

      As for the child—Mando's child—she had instantly fallen in love. She heard him speak to her while she was beyond the veil, he explained to her that she needed to come back, so she did. After having his nap that lasted a few hours, he spent the most time with her, following her everywhere. This was the child she wanted to care for, not the abomination in the crib beside her bed.

     "Princess," the Mandalorian spoke, walking into the hut she'd been staying in. She didn't look up at him, she just stared down into the crib, her blood boiling.

"Yes, Mando?" She asked, watching the way her son's chest rose and fell with each breath. Her grip on the side of the crib tightened.

He approached her, "the child and I will be leaving soon."

That's when she turned, she shook her head. "I'm coming with you."

"Princess, you have to take care of—"

"It hasn't a name. Or a soul for that matter." She spat, the rage spilling off of her tongue. She glared at her son in his crib as if he were an evil being, coming to terrorize her. She turned away "Stars, it's awful."

"He is your child."

She snapped her head in his direction, stepping closer to him. "That thing killed me. Just like his father, that piece of scum. I should do the same to it as it did to me."

"He is just a child!" He raised his voice, causing her to step back, her heart racing in fear. He realized how he'd affected her just now. "I'm sorry, princess. I'm very sorry."

She nodded, looking back down at her child. "Let me come with you. I will have Omera take care of the thing."

"By leaving your child here, you are no better than your parents who did the same to you."

She was crying now, shaking her head. "I understand why they did it, Mando. This boy will have a life, a sister, a mother who loves him. This is not my child. This is the son of Prince Oren Tagratt. I was nothing but a womb to him—he won. It's a shame he can't be here to see it."

       He sighed, his hands on his hips. He couldn't argue with her. Ultimately, it was her decision. He spoke, "why do you talk like that, Princess?"

        "Because, that's how others have talked to me for my entire life." She looked up at him, tears in her eyes. "Will you speak to Omera for me? I'm quite tired."

       "Of course."

hiii guys <3 sorry about the super short chapter, this is kind of a filler because i lost track of where i was before. also, sorry for the really slow updates, if u stop reading, i'll understand