Chapter 5 Lock Box of Secrets

Dabi got up early the next morning. It was a habit he'd always had, he could be out all hours of the night setting shit ablaze, it never failed. He'd always wake up at 6am. Luckily, he could usually go back to sleep after a couple minutes of just laying there. He wondered if his little brother was the same way, it was a fleeting thought though. Call it a coping mechanism, call him a heartless piece of shit but he never let himself spend too much time thinking of his siblings.

He quietly left the hideout after getting ready and made his way to see Izanami off for work. He watched her walk down the stoop with her phone in her hand, typing away at the screen. She looked up and searched for a cab. It took her a minute but she finally managed to wave one down.

Dabi crossed the street as he watched her ride away in the direction of the hospital. When he got off the elevator, he walked up to her door and pressed his ear against it to listen for the dog. He started jiggling a pin in the lock with absolutely no finesse. He tried to work quickly because Chizue started to bark at the noise. Doors were never his strong suit. If he wanted to be somewhere he'd make his presence known. Toga and Twice were more 'stealth' while Dabi was one for the theatrics. He finally got the door open and Chizue stop barking after she knew who it was. She wagged her tail and jumped on him excitedly as he shut the door.

"You're a shit guard dog you know that?" He chuckled as he tugged on her ear gently. She walked around his legs before deciding to go about her morning.

Dabi took a look around and saw Chizue had her own bed along with a little basket filled with toys and accessories in the corner. "She's already spoiling you huh mutt?" he shook his head.

He made his way towards the bedroom, noticing Izanami fixed her door. It swung open with ease and he strolled in, going straight for the box under her bed. He held the dream log tightly in his left hand and stared down at the box's contents before finally parting with it to grab something new.

He noticed everything in the box was exactly the way he left it. The police report was still on top which meant Izanami probably didn't go through the box that often, if at all.

He grabbed the police report with excitement. He was ready to read through every detail.

He actions faltered when he saw it wasn't an arrest sheet like he initially thought but an incident report:

'Chibana, Sachi age 14'

'Found locked in master bedroom at 784 Okubo lane'

'Victim showed no physical injuries but heavy signs of mental trauma'

'Police had been investigating victim's father: Dr. Syuuji Chibana. Chibana was charged with multiple counts of aiding & abiding known criminals and illegal facial reconstructions of multiple persons of interest during open investigations'

'Pro Hero Crimson Riot assisted in raiding Chibana's residence after his arrest. Upon searching the home, the victim was found shielding herself away from officers only allowing Crimson Riot to approach. Medical supplies and textbooks along with dangerous amounts of blood were also found at the scene which was later confirmed to be the victim's'

'The victim was very apprehensive with the police, Crimson Riot had to personally escort her to the station. On arrival she was questioned by detectives but refused to answer'

'It was apparent a psychiatrist needed to be brought in to evaluate her since the department was not equipped to help any further'

'Upon evaluation, the victim described torture tactics in the name of  'quirk training'. She disclosed she had a healing quirk and her father intentionally inflicted injuries on her to practice'