deuxième chance

to forgive is to heal.

out of all his friends, he was the only one who couldn't get over the past. to them, they only see the past as a shadow of themselves— a stepping stone to who they are now. they all know that he was the most affected of them all, so they don't push.

as many pub nights his friends have, he will still be there as much. someone who's just like him. for they were two sides of the same coin, to say the least.

they were black and white, even if they were opposites, they have the most similarities— he realized. oh, how ironic. that might as well be the reason why they could never escape the other, might not, whatever universe they were.

he's alright, really. he eats thrice a day, takes a bath daily, he always socializes with his mates, and he do his daily chores. minus the nightmares he seems to see every night. what's more traumatizing, it's all about him. which adds the additional guilt he seems to feel.

they only talk whenever necessary— business, or when they're forced by their mates. they all know how awkward the both of them could get, so they intervene every time; their pasts still lingering in the air.

he keeps telling them that he's not going to do it for him. he's not a charity case, and will never be. he's doing it for himself.

for the first time in forever, he asks him for coffee.

he was nervous, he knew. but he wants to change. to free the both of them the prison they've gotten themselves into, and the key is forgiveness. he needs to put the past where it should be, not for him, but for himself.

"draco malfoy, pleasure to meet you. i do hope you won't reject my friendship once more. " the man in front of him offered his hand. he wants to know more about him, not as the spoiled brat he once knew, but as hardworking accountant he's now friends with.

"harry potter, i promise you, being friends with me will be a bumpy road. " he shook the hand offered to him.

"oh game on."

a new forever awaits the both of them.