Our Miracle

Just something I wrote in my free time!

Enjoy!

Encanto; Alternate Ending (Angst!)

-----

The vibrant colors of reds, purples, blues, and yellows littered the streets of Encanto, a product of Isabela Madrigal's gift.

Everyone was confused. Mariano had a flower just punch him in the nose, carts were being picked up by pure flora, houses were being invaded by the succulent like plants.

On Julieta's side, the oldest and youngest Madrigal sisters were swinging from vines, sliding from the rooftops of Casita, laughing, singing, giggling.

Abuela Alma stood in the street, appalled, gawking at the renovations that the girls had given Casita.

'How could they be in this happy of a state when the Miracle was on the verge of death? Our Casita has cracks in it. Do they really hate the label of Madrigal that much?'

Abuela made her way through the streets of Encanto, avoiding any plants. Pulling her skirt closer to her as she walked. Holding her head high as her blood boiled at the thought of what these girls had done.

She swung open the doors, "What is going on?!" She declared.

Mirabel and Isabela pulled themselves from their lying positions, startled by the thundering voice of their Abuela.

Mirabel tried her best to show Abuela that noting was wrong, "We're going to save the miracle! The magic!"

"What are you talking about?" Was Abuelas only reply. "Look at our home, look at your sister!"

Mirabel made more attempts to get Abuela to hear about all of the good things that could come from all of them simply expressing themselves:

"Please just...Isabela wasn't happy-"

Abuela cut her off, "Of course she isn't happy. You ruined her proposal."

Mirabel tried again, "No, no, no, she needed me to ruin her proposal! And then we did all this!"

Abuela let out a frustrated grunt.

"And the candle burned brighter, and the cracks..." Mirabel continued.

"Mirabel."

"That's why I am in the vision! I'm saving the miracle!

Abuela had enough of it. This child isn't saving anything. She has tarnished the Madrigal name ever since she never got her gift. She is the reason this house is falling apart. She has released Bruno's unfortunate upon this house and now our Miracle is going to die because of her. Because she will never be good enough, she will never be strong enough, she will never be the perfect Madrigal.

"You have to stop, Mirabel!" Abuela needed control over this conversation. She needed her power, the power that she craved so much, she needed to let Mirabel know who is in charge.

"The cracks started with you." Her voice dripped with venom, like wet ink on a page. Coating her words in statements that would weave their way into Mirabel's mind.

"Bruno left, because of you." She continues, "Luisa is losing her powers. Isabela is out of control. Because of you!" Her words felt gross, almost slimy as they were released into the air that tensed around them.

"I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!" Abuela stated. Her words were like daggers to Mirabel.