Chapter 2

After being dragged to Isabelle's spacious bedroom, the girls changed out of their dresses.
Wendy had refused to go and retrieve her PJs, not wanting to explain why she was leaving her husband alone on their first night and where she planned to sleep, so Clary lent her a pair of shorts and Izzy found her a top she didn't even remember of having in her dresser.
Being even shorter than them, the Lightwood girl found it extremely funny how much height difference there was between Alec and Wendy.

Being 6'3 her brother was easily one of the tallest men in the Institute while Isabelle herself wasn't exactly blessed in that department. But Wendy seemed roughly 5'2 and beside a huge man like Alec, she could understand why the blond sister-in-law was a bit wary of him.

"Finally I found someone shorter than me" Clary commented with a smirk, "You're so adorable. Like one of those vintage ceramic dolls"

"I'm a bit creeped out by them, Clary. Not exactly a compliment" Wendy joked, "But thank you"

"So, girl. Tell us what we need to know about you" Izzy demanded, sitting on the bed and waiting for them to join her.

"Not much. Henry and Amalia Branwell, my parents, were Heads of the Paris Institute for a while before Inquisitor Herondale called them back in Idris. I remember very little of France, but I still have a good relationship with some of my childhood friends"

"And in Idris? Did you have some special friends?" Izzy asked.

"No, no. I never had a boyfriend, if it's what you're asking" Wendy laughed, "There was someone I liked, but we never took further than friendship. Lydia never liked him, but he's still my friend despite her abrasive comments every time they met"

"Have you invited him?" Clary watched her carefully, offering the chocolate bar she had stoled from the kitchen.

"I don't think he came" she shrugged, "It's okay. I'll make sure to make him pay next time we see each other. I could have used his presence here, as friends I mean"

"I can't blame you for having a crush on someone else" Izzy stated leaving the sentence there, but Wendy understood what she meant.

"Don't worry. I'm not planning to cheat on Alec" the new Lightwood bride explained, "It will take us some time, but I would like to at least  be on good terms with him"

"I know my brother, he will do the same" Izzy smiled at her.

Wendy broke a piece of her milk chocolate bar as Izzy opened a bag of chips.

"I'm ravenous. No idea of why we haven't escaped with a tray of those canapés you ordered, Izzy" Clary groaned, "Do you think I can convince Simon to bring us a pizza?"

"Who is Simon?"

"He's my best friend. He was sitting just beside me in the first row" Clary explained, "He's a vampire"

"You're friends with a vampire?! And how is he? Mysterious, dark, and brooding?"

"The opposite of that" Izzy laughed, "But he's funny. You'll meet him very soon staying around her"

"I have a lot of questions for him. I never had the occasion of chatting with a downworlder before" Wendy exclaimed excitedly.

"I bet living with Lydia didn't give you the chance to see the wonders of the world. Don't worry, your new sister-in-law will introduce you to every amicable downworlder affiliated to the Institute"

Clary smiled at the duo, relieved they were getting along pretty well. She wasn't sure it would be the same with another woman, but Wendy was very likable and around their age.
Maybe that marriage wasn't doomed, they only had to get the newlyweds to spent time together, preferably alone.