Chapter 1: When it Rains.

A/n: I'm following the SU episode names makes it easier and helps me with markers.

Y/n's POV:

The Gems have returned with the fleshling known as Steven, although, there seems to be something on his mind. They have captured a Homeworld gem by the name of Peridot. After receiving this information I return to the shore staring at the stars above me, the vastness of space ever expanding littered by flickering lights in the clear sky.

Closing my eyes I imagine the space above me and once I opened my eyes again I was no longer by the shore but floating among the stars, in front of me was a large (f/c) star with many planets circling it along with smaller stars dotted around it. I realised I was within the hive mind each star representing an Ultralink's individual mind, I notice that mine was the largest with solar flares of (f/c) thrashing into the darkness. At least this has cleared one of my worries there is still a hive mind but I have no way of communicating with the others, I would need more Ultralink technology to make it possible. With the metal that I currently have as my body a signal would only reach a few feet past this planet's moon, I will put this on hold for now. I closed my eyes and opened them after a few moments and I had returned to the shore, perhaps once I contact my kind we can protect this planet.

It has been a while since I left their base so I decide to go check on them. The lights are on but there seems to be a lot of shouting, I open the front door to their base and I come face to face with a small green Gem as a result of my towering size my shadow completely blankets her tiny form. Ah, she's a Peridot. Her head rises to meet my eyes, she begins to sweat profusely shaking before suddenly screaming and rushing to a room below Steven's.

Steven's POV:

After Peridot sprinted to the Bathroom and locked the door we turned to Y/n, "Was that the Homeworld Gem you were talking about? Perhaps they have adapted to escape confinement.", he mused.

"My bubbles are fine.", Garnet harshly replies to the Ultralink's comment.

"But how did this happen?", Pearl quickly asked attempting to diffuse the tension.

"I- I released her", I confessed. "Steven?! Why?", The gems quickly faced me with Pearl taking the lead. "She knows something, something called the Cluster."

"It sounds like some sort of weapon, maybe you should interrogate the Peridot to get some more information. If you're struggling you may come to me on advice for torture.", Y/n menacingly finishes, the gems and I subconsciously shiver at his words.

"I'll never talk! Especially to our kinds biggest threat!", Peridot shouts from within the safety of the bathroom. This however seemed to have irked Y/n as he slowly moved towards the door and raised is left arm with his palm facing flat against the door.

Suddenly there was a scream of pain from the other side as he removed his had there were small sparks of (f/c) energy arcing between his hand and the wooden door.

"She'll be unconscious for a short period of time, if you need to silence her without breaking anything just ask. I'll stay inside if she plans to escape.", Y/n calmly stated. The gems continue with their failed attempts of interrogation after Peridot had woken up from her small shock given by the resident Ultralink.

This had continued into the next day, luckily I was still able to get into the bathroom which was lucky. A little later the crystal gems had to leave for a mission so it was just Y/n, Peridot and I occupying the house, Y/n was seated on the sofa with his eyes closed which also reminds me that I need to get a new phone and tell Connie about Ultralinks.

"You don't have to stay in there. They're gone now.", I called out to Peridot. She replied with a quick no. I decided to make some soup, the calming sound of the rain hitting the window and the thunder booming in the distance was suddenly interrupted by a loud bang caused by Peridot who slammed the door open.

"It's happening!! The cluster!!", she shrieked. I was about to reply until I heard a chuckle coming from Y/n.

"For a species that claims to be so advanced it's humorous to see that they really know nothing", he chuckled again. Peridot was about to reply but silenced herself when she turned to face Y/n. He got up off the sofa and walked out of the house I could clearly hear the rain hitting his metal armour as he continued down the steps.

"Surely you've seen a Lapis terraform a planet with water before?", his comment seemed to have gotten to Peridot who tried to hide her fear. "Of- of course I have. But that doesn't explain that noise." She smugly stated.

"It's a result of the change in the atmosphere. It happens more often in warmer places on the planet because of a build up of pressure.", Y/n intellectually said keeping his gaze on the gem. Just then a stray bolt of lightning had hit him but he didn't move, he wasn't screaming in pain or anything instead it seemed as if it had empowered him as there was an aura of (f/c) energy that circled him like Saturn's rings before dissipating.

He returned back inside before sitting on the sofa and closing his eyes again. 'Wow! That was so cool. He didn't even flinch', Peridot broke me out of my thoughts. "The Steven I have decided to share information with you about the Cluster.", she spoke calmly to me.

I gasped, "You cracked!" 

"No I haven't, I believe that if you have an Ultralink as an ally the best option for my survival would be to give you this information, however, I need to go to the Kindergarten to get my backed up logs from the terminal there.", I was torn with this so I decided that it would be best to bring Y/n with me but to also have a catch so Peridot would have to hold my hand during this mission.

Y/n's POV:

With the fleshling Steven and Peridot at the terminal I decided to keep watch outside. I caught my eye on a broken injector and decided that just in case I should carry more metal with me. I raised my two hands before dismantling the injector the crystal at its head fell to the ground as the metal twisted and separated and slowly moved to my arms covering more of my body yet keeping my chest uncovered, the bright ball of (f/c) energy ever glowing. As I had finished Steven and Peridot returned and we made our way back to the warp pad.

The silence didn't last for long as there was some screeching sounds before disfigured gem like beings emerged from the darkness. "Gem mutants!", Steven cried encasing himself and the Peridot in a large pink bubble. I decided to access my arsenal and quickly reacted to the threat as (f/c) energy flowed to my arm and the metal removed itself before transforming into a large wrist cannon on my right arm.

A/n: just replace red with (f/c)

I was able to quickly dispatch the larger and slower Gem mutants, the faster ones I was able to grab before crushing their hard light forms as they returned to their artificial fusion shards.

I heard the bell chime of the warp pad signalling to me that the Crystal gems had arrived, to show myself as an ally to them I quickly deconstructed the cannon as the metal formed back as my segmented armour. Once Steven was scolded by them, mostly Pearl, we arrived back at the base where Peridot planned on revealing to the others about the artificial gem shard fusion known as the Cluster.

A/n: Boom! Chapter 1 is complete. My god that was difficult but I enjoyed writing nonetheless. As for the character of Y/n I plan to give him some personal chapters here and there maybe flashbacks or something as I don't want to dump too much backstory in one go of course there are changes and I skipped some of the useless stuff.

Hope you enjoyed. Depending on Uni work I might update sooner but don't quote me.